Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soaking for bps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 6:22 pm

Alright my big female has never soaked before in her life really unless I make her before a shed. I saw her tryign to soak in her water dish the other day for the first time so I got a her a bigger water dish and she hasn't really moved from it in....a week lol. I was curious if this was just me being a dumbass and not giving her a big enough dish to start with or if it might have something to do with her hopefully being knocked up :-D
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 3:50 pm

Geez, I'm sorry Devin. I got your message and never got around to calling you back. There's been a lot going on here. I suck. Sorry!!

It could be that it's the coolest location in the enclosure and she prefers being there because her follicles are developing. Wink Keep pairing her with your male and watch her for other signs - "building" (growing paunch), "glowing", and ovulation (she'll look like she swallowed a football). After ovulating, she'll seek out the heat rather than the cool and if yours is like mine was last year, as it gets closer to the time she'll lay, you'll find her contorted in odd coils or completely inverted over the heat pad or under the heat lamp.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
laughing dog

laughing dog

Male Posts : 68

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2010, 4:25 am

yeah my female king started soaking after she mated my male, then when she would eat (sometimes dragging food into the dish, which made me worry she would drown or something), especially a large meal, or when getting ready to shed. she oddly doesnt do it anymore since the eggs came out though.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm

you should coem over soem time sandy and take a look at mj. See if you can feel any folicles and what not. hang out play some video games lol. I think amanda and I are going to buy FF7 it is like 9 bucks on the playstation store online, if you try and find ff7 the discs anywhere teh cheapest you find it like 49 bucks. I saw a set go for over 100 in a store at east town.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2010, 9:35 pm

The Anti-Poon wrote:
you should coem over soem time sandy and take a look at mj. See if you can feel any folicles and what not. hang out play some video games lol. I think amanda and I are going to buy FF7 it is like 9 bucks on the playstation store online, if you try and find ff7 the discs anywhere teh cheapest you find it like 49 bucks. I saw a set go for over 100 in a store at east town.

I'd love to come hang out and check out MJ. I just have to find some free time one night that you're home. I <3 FF7 and that's a bargain! I've been playing the latest Kingdom Hearts on the DS and have had a blast with it. I didn't think I'd get into a handheld game so easily as I have with it.

I've got someone coming over tomorrow night to look at and hopefully buy a couple of snakes but maybe Thursday or Friday evening after Brian is home from work?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 4:50 am

i dont know much about ovulating snakes, but id be down to come and play some video games and hang! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 2:11 pm

lol works for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soaking for bps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking for bps   Soaking for bps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soaking for bps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Snakes-
Jump to: