Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need non-silica based sand.. help?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

I need non-silica based sand.. help? Empty
PostSubject: I need non-silica based sand.. help?   I need non-silica based sand.. help? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 3:43 am

I'm looking for a non-silica based play sand - preferably white in color. There used to be a company called SouthDown that supplied Home Depot stores with the stuff and it's changed its name to Old Castle and to YardRight over the past few years if I'm not mistaken... but it seems that it's primarily found only in Northeastern Home Depot stores. I'm having a really hard time finding it or a similar product anywhere in our area. The closest thing I've found is a product called "Sandtastik" on Sears' website but it's pricey compared to the stuff I'm actually trying to locate ($20 for 20 lbs. versus $4 for 50 lbs.). If any of you have seen any silica free sands, would you let me know? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

I need non-silica based sand.. help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need non-silica based sand.. help?   I need non-silica based sand.. help? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 12:07 pm

Nevermind. Found a great deal on sand through Marco Rocks if anyone else might want any.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/

I need non-silica based sand.. help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Off Topic :: General OT-
Jump to: