Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Escapie!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 6:36 pm

So MJ escaped last night....lol I pushed the tub in rather crooked and the back corner was sticking out lol. she was under my bed.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 6:59 pm

Glad you found her! It would have sucked if she laid eggs and you couldn't find them!

I have an escapee too. Sad My cat jumped up on the top of the cage (screen-top cage) and caved it in, so my '07 normal girl that I hatched myself has escaped. I still haven't found her, and it's been a week. Crying
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
the anti-poon

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 7:18 pm

bummer I hope she comes around for you.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 7:52 pm

Oh that sucks. Sad

I've noticed this sort of thing seems to happen more when you've got a restless gravid female. I believe they're looking for a site to lay their eggs. It's happened on several occasions with gravid corns here. They would always manage to get out and a long while ago before I I did lose eggs because she got out just days before laying. That hasn't happened since I put them in bins thank goodness but Ailynn did manage to get out of the 40 breeder she was in not long ago. I found her wedged behind the rack and had to wait for her to come out before I could put her into a bin. Dewshine got out of the same cage last year shortly before laying her eggs. I remember that she knocked over a tub of corn eggs that were sitting on a shelf of the rack while she was out and it aggravated me to no end because I believe many of the eggs in that clutch would have been fine if they hadn't been jostled by that fall. Nowadays, I tape the lid on that tank shut. It may not look pretty and it takes longer to undo everything to get in there but it does the job of keeping antsy snakes where I want them to be.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:02 pm

it wasn't because she was gravid, it was because i was a dumbass.....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escapie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapie!!!   Escapie!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down