Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Henna finally decided to start eating again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Henna finally decided to start eating again Empty
PostSubject: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2010, 1:16 am

Henna finally decided to start eating again Cimg5575k

She has finally picked up the slack and is gaining weight more steadily now. Looking forward to incorporating her into breeding projects next year since I believe her excursions with Cybin this season were purely recreational. She was definitely receptive but stopped eating so early on that she just didn't have the building blocks for it. Rolling Eyes Oh well. I'll get to find out soon if Cybin sired either of the clutches I've been watching for the past month and a half.

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 11:17 pm

She's getting hefty and going into a shed cycle. Smile

Henna finally decided to start eating again Cimg5686
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 11:20 am

Awesome. I was kinda bummed when I found out what a pastel albino was. It doesn't make me want to jump up and down for trying to breed her to my pastel lol.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:05 pm

Pastel albinos are still pretty cool. Wink The super pastel albino is neat. If you like albinos, it's a nice tweak to their coloration and the pastel albino thrown into other projects would be pretty cool as well. Wink

She was my only female solely paired with Cybin and it's kind of disappointing that she didn't put on weight better and develop some follicles for me then, but she's getting bigger steadily now and depending on her size this fall I may pair her with Dragon.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:11 pm

Sounds good, I can't decide what I want to do next year. In breeding decisions that is.......with snakes..... I would like to get some pastels but I kinda just wanna save up and buy a female pastel so I can get started on supers. I thought about trading lucy for just some money off of a female pastel.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:30 pm

Hm.. Well, it's your decision, but a female is a valuable asset whether she's a morph or not. Wink

Ask yourself what morph would you ultimately like to produce and then start gathering the 'ingredients' when you're able to or can afford them.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:48 pm

I looked up pastel albinos and can't figure out why they would be undesirable. Looks lovely to me. Cool
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:51 pm

Dagan wrote:
I looked up pastel albinos and can't figure out why they would be undesirable. Looks lovely to me. Cool

I think because it's hard to distinguish them from a regular albino. The differences are subtle.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:53 pm

From the picture I saw it appeared to just have more reduced white? What would happen if you kept breeding super albinos to super albinos? and bred those offspring? maybe they'd lose the white altogether. Or I guess that'd be another morph.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:00 pm

Dagan wrote:
From the picture I saw it appeared to just have more reduced white? What would happen if you kept breeding super albinos to super albinos? and bred those offspring? maybe they'd lose the white altogether. Or I guess that'd be another morph.

You mean super pastel albinos. When you breed those together you just get more of the same.

The pastel gene just mutes some of the contrast and brings out more mustardy yellows in the pattern. The head is usually faded/pale on a regular pastel. The super pastel has a very pale/bald head and heavy blushing on the saddles and what are usually black markings so those would show up as orangey/yellow splotches on the albino version.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:08 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant...yeah...of course. Wink

Ah, I see. Very interesting. No one has figured out crested gecko genetics yet, so our kind of breeding is more like "I took on of this color and one of that color and hoped for this result!" Detective
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:11 pm

Dagan wrote:
Yeah, that's what I meant...yeah...of course. Wink

Ah, I see. Very interesting. No one has figured out crested gecko genetics yet, so our kind of breeding is more like "I took on of this color and one of that color and hoped for this result!" Detective

lol Gotta start somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henna finally decided to start eating again   Henna finally decided to start eating again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Henna finally decided to start eating again
Page 1 of 1