Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Empty
PostSubject: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 4:08 pm

So my big normal that is allegedly 100% het red burgundy has FINALLY allowed my mojave male to lock with her. Shortly after buying her, I was told that the particular female I had picked out had originally come from jnjreptiles and was listed as a het red burgundy type-1 on his receipt from jnjreptiles. If she produces for me, I intend to hold back a male or two that resemble mom - preferably mojave males - so that I can try to prove her out as burgundy and try to produce a burgundy mojave. I've never seen one, have no idea what it would look like, but if this female is what her receipt said she is we may find out sometime in the future. Smile

I'm starting this thread just to see how things go this season. Last year was a bust with her. She locked once or twice but I never felt any follicles and there was no clutch from her. I'm hoping this year she'll give me a nice pile of eggs. Smile

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Cimg6402

I know it's hard to see and I didn't dare bother them for a better pic for fear that they'd separate, but there are locked tails in there!

Hopefully the coming winter weather fronts will get more locks from all my pairs this month!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
knox

knox

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 5:55 pm

Best wishes on this cheers
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 3:04 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 9:29 pm

Ooo sounds like a great project. Let's see some pics of burgundy mojaves?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 10:02 pm

I don't think it's been done yet. lol I've looked all over for information or pics of any burgundy-combo projects and I come up empty. If that's the case and I can produce one, I'll get to name it, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 9:37 pm

Nice! Remember me when you're rich and famous. Wink And remember me when it comes to selling some burgundies . . . I'd really like to have one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 9:56 pm

Thanks, guys. Smile

I got a new pic of Freckles tonight. She's definitely chunky this winter. Maybe she'll feel more comfortable with egg production this time around. Razz

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Freckles
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2011, 1:13 pm

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Cimg6502

Freckles has been locking up with my mojave and is starting to get a "glow" about her. I'm hoping for good things. Smile She's so bulky I think it's going to be hard to palpate her, but she's been staying on the cool side of her tub so I think she's building. I'll try palpating her in another week or so to see if we have any follicles growing. In the meantime, I'll keep rotating the mojave to her tub in turns. I don't want things to fizzle out with her like they apparently did last year. Wink

Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 5:49 pm

Wow, how awesomely fat that snake is! I can't wait for the clutch, and of course, I can't wait for mojaves. Wink I hope one is born with my name written in its pattern! Teehee.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2011, 11:46 pm

Here's another pic to give a better idea of her size.

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Cimg6511
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)   Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burgundy Mojave Project (hopefully!)
Page 1 of 1