Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

blood pythons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

blood pythons Empty
PostSubject: blood pythons   blood pythons Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2010, 12:59 pm

I know a good amount of the people on this forum have ball pythons. I have wanted a blood for years now and have started looking into getting one. Maybe. What is the difference between a Borneo Blood Python and a Sumatran Blood python? I have checked some web sites and all that comes up is that they are just different names......To me it sound like they are from a different region. Also They don't cost the same. If you find a breeder who has both, the borneo's are more expensive.....Why is this?
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

blood pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood pythons   blood pythons Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 7:19 pm

The basic differences are region, scale count, and to a lesser degree, size. The borneos are slightly shorter than bloods. As for the costs of borneos, I just don't think they're bred quite as much in captivity since their colors aren't quite as eye-catching, therefore it's a supply-and-demand type thing. Wink Alicia would be a great help if she was around--she used to keep them and knows them pretty well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

blood pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood pythons   blood pythons Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 8:47 pm

I have tried to contact alicia but she hasn't replied in email.....
Back to top Go down
knoxpython

blood pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood pythons   blood pythons Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 10:58 am

I have some albino bloods, just 2010 babies and love working with them. They are definitely different than ball pythons though. They like temps a little lower than balls and humidity higher, especially when they are getting ready to shed. They are also less trusting than ball pythons, if you show nervousness when handling them they will tag you in a second. I have also noticved that they like to be fully supported when they are being held. I would go with the standard bloods because of the color mutations on the horizon with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blood pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood pythons   blood pythons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blood pythons
Page 1 of 1