Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do i need permits

Go down 
+2
scrouch
jupiter01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jupiter01

Male Posts : 1

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 3:36 am

I have ball pythons and bearded dragons if i was going to breeded them in the future.Dose anyone know what kind of permits i need to sell them out of my home and the interent. Thank you, if you can help me on this information.[p.s. do you need a sale tax number and business license sell out of your home or interent.]

Last edited by jupiter01 on January 29th 2011, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scrouch

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 8:40 am

I am only familiar with snake regulations. In TN you only need permits to breed species that are native to this area. So ball pythons are not regulated. I assume the same would be true for the beardies.

You also need an importation permit if you purchase a native species (like a corn or kingsnake) from a breeder not located in TN. Last I checked these were $25 per shipment regardless of the number shipped.

Too many regulations on natives. That's why I switched to boas!

Steve
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 2:55 pm

What he said. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
rebelreptiles

Male Posts : 22

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 4:27 pm

so u dont havd to get the founder animals from a licensed store or breeder if your dealing with balls, boas, or any non native lizard? And u dont have to get the class 2 permit to breed and sell?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 4:31 pm

rebelreptiles wrote:
so u dont havd to get the founder animals from a licensed store or breeder if your dealing with balls, boas, or any non native lizard? And u dont have to get the class 2 permit to breed and sell?

Only native animals fall into the TWRA's Class II category so no, no need for permits, hurdles, and other red tape. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
rebelreptiles

Male Posts : 22

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 5:15 pm

well cool that saves a lot of money and time
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 9:16 pm

You don't have to have a business license either, unless you profit over a certain amount each year. I think it is $3,000, but don't quote me on that. I've LOST at least $2,000 each year on my snakes (between buying food, cages, and new animals), so I've never had to worry about the limit. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
mark_amburgey

Male Posts : 2

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 9:19 pm

i did find out today that you need a 2500 per year permit and 2 years verifiable experience to have an alligator here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do i need permits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do i need permits   Do i need permits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do i need permits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Snakes-
Jump to: