Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Empty
PostSubject: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 9:06 pm

. . . I am going to attempt a maternal incubation clutch this year! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Since I started my books and asked Sandy for maternal incubation notes so that I could include a section for it, reading over and organizing her notes for the book has made me want to give it a try and see what happens. Wink

I've got my Pastel X Normal clutch and my Spider X Hypo clutch, and neither of those are doing the maternal incubation thing since artificial is tried and true for ME. Wink But I am breeding the Spider X another Normal (Chloe--the huge girl) for a shot at maternal. Since she's in a stackable that holds much better humidity than the glass tank I had her in years ago, maybe I'll have better luck, and I can put Sandy's notes to the test too! (J/K Sandy! Wink ) But seriously though, hopefully Sandy's notes will help me get this right. And I've always got a couple of incubators in case I need them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 9:52 pm

Cool, Pam. Smile I hope everything goes well and you get to see little heads peaking out of Chloe's coils. It's awesome seeing mom interact with her offspring. Try to get plenty of pics! It's a short lived scenario between them, of course, because once they're all hatched mom doesn't stick around to continue guarding them but those first few moments are really neat.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 7:44 pm

Thanks much! I may be emailing you and aggravating you a lot. haha Hopefully all goes well. Now that my snakes are being kept in better humidity rather than how I kept them years ago when I first got started, hopefully everything will work out. Plus, I've devised better nest boxes too, so maybe that will help too. I figured this would be as good a year as any, and since Chloe is so huge, even if she refuses every meal I offer while she's brooding, she should still bounce back fairly well. This will also be her second season in a row breeding, so she'll get next year off, and will have plenty of time to regain any weight she needs to. Wink
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 5:08 pm

That's exciting! We're starting our first gecko breeding season, and here you are starting something new! Good luck!

And ditto, get some pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 7:37 pm

Thanks! And yep, I'll definitely get pics. She's officially locked up with the spider once so far, so hopefully she produces some nice eggs. Last season was 7 eggs, two seasons before that she produced 9; hopefully she'll have a nice pile of eggies to incubate. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .   OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, so, thanks to Sandy . . .
Page 1 of 1