Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My first clutch

Go down 
+2
DaganGecko
JungleMan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JungleMan

Male Posts : 23

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 7:54 pm

I woke up this morning to a nice suprise with nine healthy ball python eggs. It was totally unexpected but was nice. cheers I should have at least four more clutches in the next couple of weeks with the possibilty of three more. Too anyone who dont know me, my name is drew. I will try an put up some pics in the next couple of days. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 10:10 pm

That's awesome, Drew! Can't wait for pics. What will you be incubating them in?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 11:27 pm

Congrats, Drew! Look forward to seeing pics!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 4:28 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2011, 11:34 pm

Congrats! Let's see pics! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
JungleMan

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 5:59 pm

[img]My first clutch Snake_11[/img]
Here is a pic of a clutch of nine. (here you go pam and dagan. lol.) I was suppose to post a week ago but here it is now, haha. On thursday night I had a little adventure with 5 or 6 eggs being dropped from a second clutch that was unexpected once again, with no pre-lay shed or nothing. So know I should be updated. hehehehe. Razz The second pic is of the unknown of 5 or 6. I will have more too come in a couple weeks of new clutches, both of these clutches are a pastelxnormal breding. cheers

[img]My first clutch Snake_13[/img]
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 6:07 pm

Congrats man, and the pics work just to let you know haha.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 3:04 pm

Looks awesome, Drew. Can't wait for them to hatch.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2011, 7:26 pm

Congrats! Can't wait to see babies! Now the long wait begins . . . LOL Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
JungleMan

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:16 pm

Well yesterday I had to pull two eggs out of my second clutch because they were no good. Hopefully the other four will be ok, they still look really great so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the best.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:45 pm

Aww that sucks. Sad Did they go moldy or something?
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:59 pm

I am not sure if it was moldy or just bad. They went to green to blue and then starting too ooze within a matter of a couple hours after my snake kept repositioning herself.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:13 pm

JungleMan wrote:
I am not sure if it was moldy or just bad. They went to green to blue and then starting too ooze within a matter of a couple hours after my snake kept repositioning herself.

Did it come into contact with moisture? I know you can use Liquid Bandage or super glue to seal places that are oozing on eggs but if it was changing colors it might have been too late to intervene. Sorry about the losses.
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:20 pm

I think it was way too gone for any saving. It was in the clutch of maternal incubation, so maybe too much moisture, not really for sure. It is all just kinda trial and era for the first couple of clutches this year seeing how thins is my first bp clutches ever.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:42 pm

Make sure your female's enclosure isn't wet. You want the humidity to be no less than say 70% but you don't want to replicate the conditions of an artificial incubator in a female's tub and try to maintain humidity levels closer to 100%. It can cause too many problems, especially if the bedding is staying wet. That can lead to bacterial infections and belly rot with the mom and bloating the eggs. Not saying that's what happened. Just putting it out there.
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 10:04 pm

The female is a 75 gallon which is a little hard to control the humidity. LOL The eggs are on the surface with no substrate within a two inch radius around the eggs. I do think just to much moisture getting to the top of the pile caused the egg to go bad, damaging the one it wass in contact with. Like I said everything else looks good.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 2:38 pm

Drew, here's a thread on a "leaky" egg that might come in handy if you have any future problems like it. Smile

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238700
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first clutch   My first clutch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first clutch
Page 1 of 1