Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hog Island boas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeyboogers

Hog Island boas  Empty
PostSubject: Hog Island boas    Hog Island boas  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 8:51 pm

Does anyone have any clue on how to breed hogs ? My female is 3 years old & my male is a year and a half . The temps are on the cooler side but I do have a heat pad under the tank . They are always huddled up but I have never seen any action . They have been in the same tank for about 4 months now . Thanks
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Hog Island boas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hog Island boas    Hog Island boas  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 9:35 pm

monkeyboogers wrote:
Does anyone have any clue on how to breed hogs ? My female is 3 years old & my male is a year and a half . The temps are on the cooler side but I do have a heat pad under the tank . They are always huddled up but I have never seen any action . They have been in the same tank for about 4 months now . Thanks

Do you have a thermostat on the tank to regulate the heat? What are your daytime and nighttime temps reading in the enclosure?

How long are you leaving the pair together? Or are they just in a permanent living situation?

Are you certain you've got a male and a female?

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
monkeyboogers

Hog Island boas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hog Island boas    Hog Island boas  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 11:22 pm

Room temp with heat pad underneath & he has been with her around 4 months .I would say in the law 70's .
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Hog Island boas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hog Island boas    Hog Island boas  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 11:33 pm

monkeyboogers wrote:
Room temp with heat pad underneath & he has been with her around 4 months .I would say in the law 70's .

I would separate them and only pair them for a few days at a time. That gives them time to rest and "de-stress". I would pair them up for 3 days, then separate to feed and wait a few days more before putting them together again.

If you don't already have one, I'd get a thermostat and under tank heater. I would aim for upper 80s during the day and only drop to the low-mid 70s during the evening/night hours. Some of the thermostats out there have a night drop feature so that you can program it to allow temps to drop during a specific time frame.

Hope it helps and good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

Hog Island boas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hog Island boas    Hog Island boas  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hog Island boas
Page 1 of 1