Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP Baby Bearded

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiberius

Male Posts : 5

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 1:35 pm

I have never seen anything like this. My baby bearded I have had for 2 weeks is acting funny. He has a UVB 10 light and a basking light that sits between 100-110. I keep greens in his cage and a small dark hide spot. However despite all this he still is barely eating anything. I have seen him eat some greens and a few insects over the last 2 weeks. Hes always basking and moves around. Hes still pooping as well. However he hasn't grown and isn't eating hardly anything. I ordered him butter-worms to tease him into eating and he won't eat them. I did notice a small red stain in his poop today. However that's the only thing out of the ordinary. Any help to get him eating would be great. I have never known a bearded baby to not be a pig when it comes to eating. I'm afraid hes going to die if he doesn't eat something soon.

Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 6:27 pm

I don't have any advice, but hopefully some of our lizard keepers will chime in.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Kazzy

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2011, 2:23 am

What substrate is he kept on? What substrate was he kept on before you got him? Where did you get him from?

I currently have a young bearded dragon that just happens to be a pain in the rear, not wanting to eat. He's been like this for months, but he isn't losing weight or acting lethargic, so I'm not too worried. I'm currently researching a product called Rept-Aid that supposedly boosts appetite, among other things.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2011, 3:46 pm

Kazzy wrote:
What substrate is he kept on? What substrate was he kept on before you got him? Where did you get him from?

I currently have a young bearded dragon that just happens to be a pain in the rear, not wanting to eat. He's been like this for months, but he isn't losing weight or acting lethargic, so I'm not too worried. I'm currently researching a product called Rept-Aid that supposedly boosts appetite, among other things.

Hes on news paper right now. Before I got him the breeder kept them on washed play sand. I started him on Repta+boost today. I'm giving him 2 full syringes a day. I have his uv light 6 inch's away from him and his tank sits at 100-110f in basking area. I'm taking him out for 2 hours a day when its above 85f to get natural sunlight and uv. I leave green and veggies in his tank still. Hes been moved to a 10 gallon tank for his treatment. I'll be starting him on 3 medications soon. The breeder and the vet think he may have parasites but were not 100% sure. Better safe then sorry I guess. He seems to be doing better.

However I am very surprised at how few responses I got from this website. Thats highly concerning. Its also kind very sad too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2011, 10:29 pm

Did you get the PM I sent you?
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2011, 10:33 pm

So you are giving him a supplement and wondering why he isn't eating? You said he was eating just not a whole lot right? If he is eating and healthy other than the one stool with red in it. I really would not worry too much. If he totally stops eating then you have a problem, but if he is still eating just small amounts. you might just have a beardie that doesn't gorge himself like most. you have tried crickets and meal and butter and wax worms I assume? Maybe you should try baby dubias or some sort of darker creature. All of the above are ratehr light colored. Maybe he doesn't see them well or maybe he is racist :-P Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2011, 8:39 pm

the anti-poon wrote:
So you are giving him a supplement and wondering why he isn't eating? You said he was eating just not a whole lot right? If he is eating and healthy other than the one stool with red in it. I really would not worry too much. If he totally stops eating then you have a problem, but if he is still eating just small amounts. you might just have a beardie that doesn't gorge himself like most. you have tried crickets and meal and butter and wax worms I assume? Maybe you should try baby dubias or some sort of darker creature. All of the above are ratehr light colored. Maybe he doesn't see them well or maybe he is racist :-P Just a thought

Well he was eating very little and then stopped all together. I took him to the vet and she put him on medication and supplement. I have tried hornworms, butterworms, crickets, lobster roaches, Dubai roaches, mealworms, and phoenix worms. He won't eat them at all. Hes doing much better now that the meds have kicked in. lol he might just be racist
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2011, 9:03 pm

Glad the meds are working. Smile Hope he recovers quickly and starts eating normally for you.
Back to top Go down
Kazzy

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2011, 3:53 am

Tiberius wrote:
Kazzy wrote:

Hes on news paper right now. Before I got him the breeder kept them on washed play sand. I started him on Repta+boost today. I'm giving him 2 full syringes a day. I have his uv light 6 inch's away from him and his tank sits at 100-110f in basking area. I'm taking him out for 2 hours a day when its above 85f to get natural sunlight and uv. I leave green and veggies in his tank still. Hes been moved to a 10 gallon tank for his treatment. I'll be starting him on 3 medications soon. The breeder and the vet think he may have parasites but were not 100% sure. Better safe then sorry I guess. He seems to be doing better.

However I am very surprised at how few responses I got from this website. Thats highly concerning. Its also kind very sad too.

Everything seems right, but I wouldn't keep him in a 10 gallon. Creating a heat gradient is virtually impossible in such a small tank. A 20 gallon would be better.

Have you gotten a fecal test done? That should tell you whether he has parasites or not, as well as I.D. any parasites so the correct treatments/medications can be given.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten many responses, but this is a very small community, so you have to take that into account. Good luck with your dragon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP Baby Bearded Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Baby Bearded   HELP Baby Bearded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP Baby Bearded
Page 1 of 1