Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Columbian Red-tail Boa

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
19Toe

19Toe

Male Posts : 9

Columbian Red-tail Boa Empty
PostSubject: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 7:33 pm

Hello there. Just wanted to share a couple pics of my snake friend. His name is Loki, a 9 foot Red-tail Boa.

Columbian Red-tail Boa Dsc00310
Columbian Red-tail Boa 5-19_010

I'll have to take a few new ones after his next shed. He's grown quite a bit since those pictures.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 10:00 am

Pretty redtail, how long have you had him?
Back to top Go down
19Toe

19Toe

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 6:33 pm

Thanks Smile I've had him for about three years. He was 1 1/2 when I got him. Picked him up from a horrible pet shop. He was being kept in sand and was mite ridden. I usually have to turn away from things like that, because we all know my money probably just went to buying another snake that will be kept in the same poor conditions. But he was SOOOOO friendly and you could tell he wanted to be out of that tank more than anything. If not for him stretching to the lid then just based on the raw open wounds on his nose from trying to push the screen lid open. He also had a nasty respiratory infection...Basically I wanted to punch the shop owner in the face and take every animal he had with me, but I just told him I'd take Loki and he would never see me again, and every other store in the area would hear about him, along with those stores' customers to ensure no one supported him any further. Bah.. sorry for the rant. I just can't stand it when people think they know everything about keeping pets, and treat you like you are completely ignorant, then take horrible care of the pets they are trying to sell you with their slimey salesman attitude.

Anyways... Loki is wonderfully healthy and happy now. He is about to get a 150 gallon tank and some new furniture, as he's close to outgrowing his current home.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 7:12 pm

Very, very nice! So glad you got him out of a bad pet shop situation. I hate hearing about pet shops that keep their animals in poor conditions but it's good to hear good outcomes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
cecropia

cecropia

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 10:11 pm

I love the look redtails get as they get older. Gorgeous snake
Back to top Go down
bowmansreptiles

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2012, 2:10 am

Beautiful! I can't wait till mine get that big, I have 3 of them all under 3ft right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbian Red-tail Boa   Columbian Red-tail Boa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbian Red-tail Boa
Page 1 of 1