Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arizona Mountain Kingsnake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Candle Light

Male Posts : 13

Arizona Mountain Kingsnake Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Mountain Kingsnake   Arizona Mountain Kingsnake Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 8:13 pm

My Arizona Mountain Kingsnake has quirky feeding habits and is driving me nuts! Unlike my corn and milk snakes which are voracious eaters all year round, my AMK eats sporadically in winter (yeah I know about brumation/natural cycles and all that). Funny thing is that is seems interested in the f/t mouse I put in there, even when it refuses to eat it. The AMK is more likley to eat small fuzzies in winter, but eats well in summer and eats larger items. It is the prettiest snake in my collection, but also the most troublesome. Anybody here working with mountain kings?
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Mountain Kingsnake   Arizona Mountain Kingsnake Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2013, 6:48 pm

I am not working with them, i have had to deal with a lot of troubled eating colubrids at my work. The cup technique works well on small ones. Never tried it on anything bigger than like a foot and half colubrid. If you have tried that and it hasn't worked I have a few other tricks but that is my starter trick haha. If you havent tried it and want to, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Candle Light

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Mountain Kingsnake   Arizona Mountain Kingsnake Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2013, 2:19 am

Will do. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Mountain Kingsnake   Arizona Mountain Kingsnake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arizona Mountain Kingsnake
Page 1 of 1