Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2009, 8:48 pm

Dr. Rick Hinson
513 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865) 483-6614
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 9:58 am

Just wanted to say that I took a sick snake to Dr. Rick one time and he was really very nice and helpful. He kept the snake for two weeks and gave it antibiotic shots for only 180 dollars, which is really awesome for basically 2 weeks of boarding and care!
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 3:30 pm

That does sound wonderful. I haven't yet had to take a snake to a vet. *knock on wood*
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 5:35 pm

I believe he was a special case. He came to me with injuries that the previous owner swore were not from live feeders, but both Larry, myself, and the vet thought they certainly appeared like that kind of wound! Unfortunately I had to give the snake away later because I could not keep up with the vet bills. But I still like Dr. Rick.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 7:42 pm

Bummer I love the idea of "Rescuing" animals froma home that doesn't take care of them but it is sooooo much work.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:36 pm

Well he was not supposed to be a rescue. The seller just neglected to inform me of health issues. : P He really needed regular antibiotic shots, possibly for life, because he was prone to eye infections. (He was a leucistic Texas ratsnake, and their eyes are unusually bulbous.) Anyway, he is now living with a vet who can give him the shots herself.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 11:15 pm

Dagan wrote:
Well he was not supposed to be a rescue. The seller just neglected to inform me of health issues. : P He really needed regular antibiotic shots, possibly for life, because he was prone to eye infections. (He was a leucistic Texas ratsnake, and their eyes are unusually bulbous.) Anyway, he is now living with a vet who can give him the shots herself.

Aww.. Poor thing. Glad he's getting the care and attention he needs.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
three

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm

Yeah sounds like it would have been an awesome pet except for the wounds. At one time I really wanted one of those but then we moved away from colubrids towards pythons
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 11:42 pm

Leucistic Texas Ratsnakes are beeeautiful snakes. He was quite an awesome pet, and I had him for a long time. Texas ratsnakes have a reputation for being nippy, but Airplane never once struck at me. I do not think I will have one again, however, due to my bad experience with the eye issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital   Oak Ridge Veterinary Hospital Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1