Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coming along

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 6:17 pm

Alright I have started making what was going to be the Jungle Carpets tank. It is now going to be the brazilian rainbows tank since they are a lot more picky lol. This tank is 36 inches tall by 15 inches deep by 24 inches wide. I used scrap plexiglass and some weird picture frame cover or something I found int the dumpster. It is clear plastic but really brittle and flimsy.

So far I have gotten everything together except the back.....The back is what will have the doors in it. It will have at the top two corners 2 6"X6" doors with latches as you can see in the pictures. down at the bottom of the back it will have a 2'X1" door that will open with latc hes on the bottom edge of the tank and hinge upwards. I made a fatal mistake.... I left the back for last so I have no access points besides the doors to add the caulk and or glue to hol dit in place. I think I have gotten around this problem with flexible joints in my body lol. So without and more jibber jabbering here are some pics in the later stages fo tank development.
pic 1 is of the side of the tank you can see one of the 6 inch doors
Pic 2 is the bottom of the tank
Pic 3 is one of the 6 inch doors up close, that one is messy used a diff glue the other has clear super glue.
Pic 4 is the top of the tank with both access doors 6 inch
Pic 5 is the bottom of the tank, if you look close you can see the edge of teh "door" it is where teh caulk stops int he corners.
Coming along 2h49j7q
Coming along 24pl846
Coming along 2aew7zp
Coming along 11gr8uh
Coming along 2ij6jk4
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm anxious to see it complete and decorated. Smile It's looking rough but really good thus far.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 11:42 pm

It will stay rough. I don't plan on making it pretty lol. It is staying basically in a closet :-P
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 1:19 am

You've got a knack for cage decor. I'm sure it won't look so rough when you're finished with it. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 4:42 pm

So I guess I am going to try and use heat rope on this tank. It kinda worries me, even though they say it is safe to put on anything....I have all the doors and the latches secure I do believe. Now to start putting it together to make a home lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coming along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming along   Coming along Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming along
Page 1 of 1