Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Critter barn

Go down 
+5
smc1185
knox
DaganGecko
QuietTempest
the anti-poon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 2:06 pm

So I went into critter barn the other day and they are revamping there whole store. I have no Idea when they started but the reptile room is moved around and is cleaner, the main part of the store that is the dog food and crap is basically the same but they are doing some major rearranging. Whether it is for the better or not idk.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 2:22 pm

What about the animals? Does he have anything besides the normals and same ol' same ol' now? I may have to go check it out sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 2:31 pm

I didn't look around i just sold him some stuff and left lol
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2010, 2:48 pm

Oh. Razz What did you sell him?
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 1:02 pm

that 40 gallon breeder and some crap that went with it
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 7:45 pm

So I went by Critter Barn today and they have made a lot of changes. The tanks were cleaner than they have been for a long time. Fish tanks were crystal clear with no floaters. Snake cages looked nice and didn't smell bad. Even the feeder cages had been cleaned. The floor wasn't covered in the usual array of debris. Other than Larry smoking, everything was pretty nice. One of the workers told me they plan to paint the floor in the main room dark green. Anyway, I think things are looking up at the shop and just wanted to share. I'm glad to have Critter Barn around. It's one of the last interesting pet stores remaining in our area, IMO.
Back to top Go down
knox

knox

Male Posts : 78

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 3:55 pm

His smoking really puts a lot of people off - including me. But it is his store, and his choice. But it is my choice to not spend my money there (very often).

I do shop there from time to time, but don't stay when there is smoke just hanging in the air.
Back to top Go down
smc1185

Male Posts : 11

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: hello   Critter barn Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 1:53 pm

were is this place
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

Male Posts : 99

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 3:31 pm

209 North Concord Street, Knoxville, TN

On the corner of Sutherland Ave and Concord St. About a half mile before Middlebrook Pike if you get on Sutherland Ave from Kingston Pike
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Male Posts : 21

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: critterbarn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:40 pm

well they have now added a wall in between the snakes lizards making it look a little nicer. he has a albino bp and some spiders bp in there too instead of just the same ol normals he has always had.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:47 pm

What sort of price tag does he have on the morphs?
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: price on morph   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:19 pm

i think he wanted like 490 or something like that for the albino and 280 for the spider go check them out they are nice looking
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:30 pm

Eh.. I'm really not a big fan of that store. Just curious about where he priced the albino. They're not marked up nearly as high as I thought they would be. Still.. I prefer to deal with fellow breeders here on the forum and online.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:51 pm

so yeah critter barn is kinda weird now, some one told me they think larry is living there now and the reptile room is really weird looking. He had a spider there but still nutzo expensive. Didn't smell as bad as previous times i have been there but then again larry the smoking chimney wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 8:44 am

yea i think he is living there too im not sure though they took and made the big room in the back where all the rats are and made it employees only now and moved all the hamsters and stuff upstairs yea i dont know whats going on there but everytime i go in there he has a bunch of volunteers in there cleaning it up so its not that bad anymore.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 4:11 pm

Honestly for a mom and pop store, Larry does a good job. He always gives me a good deal on crickets and sends extra. He had several ball python morphs, spider, pastel, etc. The reptile room looks a lot better now that they separated the snakes out. The prices on feeders are a hundred times better than Petsmart, so I'm not going to knock Critter Barn anymore. Plus Larry has always been willing to help me if one of my snakes is sick.
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 4:29 pm

i would rather go to critterbarn larry always help me out when i had ? and didnt know about these forums and his feeders are a lot cheaper then every where else. and his snake room is looking a lot better now that they seperated it from the half of the room. i just wished he would give me more for my tank cause it would have already been there. but its all good he never really bothered me besides the smoking part but hey its his store if u dont like dont go back. i love dingo back in the back room the big lizard i cant remember what it is but its freaking huge.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 6:43 pm

It's more the smart-arse attitude and acting as though he knows all there is to know about reptile hobby and industry when he obviously doesn't, especially when it comes to variants and morphs he's unfamiliar with. Ignorance doesn't bother me one bit because we all start out somewhere and you learn nothing without making mistakes but willful ignorance is a pet peeve of mine. Rather than admitting that he didn't know the answer to a question, he would rattle off complete nonsense. I stopped going there because I found myself eye-rolling when I would hear Larry or someone else in the store giving bad information. Perhaps things have changed in the store but I am skeptical that that the collective attitude and comprehension within the staff could have changed much.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 11:02 pm

I fully agree that the feeder prices are the best pet store prices around, and larry is willing to help almost anyone out with an animal. I knock critter barn because almost every time I have been there I have had someone, be it larry or the skinny bitch, or the heavier set guy, be a condescending asshole to me. They have good prices on everything but without being somewhat nice to people\me if it is just me, then people\me won't be coming back.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 12:41 pm

Well I don't know why he doesn't like you guys but he did tell me thanks and have a nice day last time! I guess you catch him in a bad mood. he does not appear to be in good health at the moment. His staff could stand to be a little nicer, but I've never had a problem with the heavyset guy. He just doesn't seem to know terribly much.
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 1:30 pm

i dont think they know much about morphs since they dont mess with them much but when it comes to normals and lizards they know a little bit Smile
Back to top Go down
monkeyboogers

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 12:27 pm

I like Larry , & Bobby . I really don't know the skinny chick . Donna was a real bitch sometimes , & Dave is in prison . So , Larry replaced him with Bobby , but other than that it's all good . He has a full size apartment upstairs in the shop . He does have some of the best prices around UNLESS you catch a sale somewhere else . I usually buy some of my reptiles/snakes from kingsnake .
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 12:56 am

Larry is looking extremely sickly now days. He did give me like 250 crickets when i asked for 100 the other day though....
Back to top Go down
monkeyboogers

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 9:48 pm

Maybe if he shaved he would look better & he is still cleaning up the store . I was there today & each time I go it looks a little cleaner .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Critter barn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Critter barn   Critter barn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critter barn
Page 1 of 1