Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gecko Enclosures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 3:22 pm

I just wanted to show off a project I finished today.

Here are a couple of 10 gallon vertical crested gecko or gargoyle gecko enclosures.

I am really pleased with the results, so of course I have lots of pictures...

I tried to go for the look of a wall of stone and dirt with some moss and plants.

Outside pic:
Gecko Enclosures AA-13

Inside pics:
Gecko Enclosures AB-13

Gecko Enclosures AC-13

Gecko Enclosures AD-11

Here's one with the screen on so you can see approximately how it will look when containing a gecko. The screen is very easy to see through. I'll change the white velcro on the side to black.

Gecko Enclosures AE-8

Both tanks will have the same kind of lid so it will be more uniform.

And a final shot:

Gecko Enclosures AF-8

Yay!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 5:38 pm

Very cool. Smile

Does having that type of screen lid make it difficult to get into the enclosure?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 9:43 pm

Not overly difficult. I just pull off the velcro and open the lid. It's not very hard. Harder than a hinged door...but much, much, much cheaper.

I think these tanks look pretty darn nice, and I probably only have 25 bucks sunk into each of them (counting decor, lid, tank, etc.)
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 9:58 pm

Sweet!

Y'know.. if you wanted to, you could probably fashion a hinged door to work on those. I wouldn't really know where to begin, personally, but it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 10:46 pm

I know how but I hate the way they look, usually. I dunno, I'll put my dad to work on it if I ever feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 11:25 pm

Those really do look great!! awesome job!

If you need anymore tanks, I have empty 10 gallons and a 20 long. Ill let them go cheap
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 11:56 pm

Oh, how much? Where are you located? Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 5:39 pm

You can fashion interior hinges that you can't see. They are pretty effective. The tanks look great btw :-P
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 7:09 pm

I'm sorry to say one of the tanks kind of fell apart and had to be partially remade. The GS set wrong (and has done it the second time too!) where it keeps wanting to detach from the back wall of the cage.

However I have managed to reattach it with more GS and some hot glue. I removed a lot of dirt from the wall after discovering in a test run that my geckos have trouble climbing on loose dirt. I am painting the "rocks" and will be sealing it once I figure out something nontoxic...
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 4:29 pm

located in maryville. Ill let the 10 gallons go for $10 a piece and the 20 long wfor $35
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gecko Enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko Enclosures   Gecko Enclosures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gecko Enclosures
Page 1 of 1