Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kentucky Roadtrip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 12:45 am

It took a lot longer than I would have liked because we got a late start, but it was a really good trip. We dropped the kids off with their aunt so it was just me and Brian riding 170+ miles of road to check out a female mojave ball that I had seen on Craigslist. Why I had been browsing the Kentucky CL, I don't know... I'm going to blame Drew ("Jungleman", Rob & Gina's friend) for putting the idea into my head to look for morphs outside of TN. Razz

We stopped at Sonny's BBQ in Corbin, KY. I had never eaten at a Sonny's before and neither had Brian. It was actually really good and it was one of the restaurants where it feels like nearly everyone knows everyone else on first name basis. I suppose that's what happens in secluded and rural areas. Wink Everyone was friendly there and the sauces were great. We mixed up our own blends.

Along the way we saw so many things that were photo-worthy but, wouldn't you know it, I left the SD memory card at home. Had the camera but no way to store pics. Lame am I... Some of the more notable things were a homemade fudge sign above Adult World and a sign outside of a gas station selling "STD IM BUY 1 GET 1 HOTA DOGS" -- we found it humorous.

Anyway, about 100 miles or so after lunch we reached our destination and I finally got to see this female mojave I'd been texting the guy about. For a 2 year old, she seems rather small. She looks to be around the same size as my male mojave and he's probably about 18 months (I think?). Henna is 2 this year and is massive compared to this little girl. I did buy her, though. She's a pretty girl and I didn't think I'd come across another deal like this. I'll be sure to get her on weanling rats as soon as possible and we'll go from there. She probably won't be able to breed next year. I expect that she'll be included in projects for 2012. Smile

Her name was Eve and I think it's a nice enough name to keep so here's my new mojave female, Eve. She looks as though she's getting ready to shed so I'll probably get more pics of her in a few days. As she is right now, she almost looks like a hypo mojave. lol

Kentucky Roadtrip Cimg6075c

Kentucky Roadtrip Cimg6076

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 7:15 pm

Definitely looks like she has some nice blushing under that hazy skin! I bet she will look great once she sheds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 8:36 pm

I'm feeding everyone tonight, and I got a couple of rat weanlings to offer to Eve.. She's in blue right now and still just snatched the first one I put in her tub. Poor thing is hungry! Smile It's good seeing such a good feed response from her! Now, if she'd just eat it head first, we'd be all set.

Kentucky Roadtrip 090110204601

Last edited by QuietTempest on September 2nd 2010, 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 9:36 pm

if they are small rats it is hard to tell butt from head some times.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 10:29 pm

I popped it back out of her mouth and got her to do it the right way. She just wasn't getting anywhere backwards. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kentucky Roadtrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Roadtrip   Kentucky Roadtrip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Roadtrip
Page 1 of 1