Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sabin, the Boa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rollincoal420

Male Posts : 99

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 8:59 am

Here is the newest addition. Picked her up friday night.

Sabin, the Boa 8-15034
Sabin, the Boa 8-15032
Sabin, the Boa 8-15031
Sabin, the Boa 8-15029Sabin, the Boa 8-15046

It took every last penny I had but I got her for $40. Took a bit of work to get the price that low from what he was asking but she is worth my last $40. Its only money, and there will be more coming sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 4:43 pm

Very pretty. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Rollincoal420

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 8:50 am

She is. She is also lazy. I figure she woul be alittle more active than she is. Probably just ajusting to the new home?
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 8:24 pm

I so I was readin a few care sheets on the web about the red tails and they are saying that the temps should be between 85-90 with a basking spot just over 90 by a few degrees. Is that right? I didnt think they would be that high and you never see them at the stores with enough heat source's to keep the ambient tank temps that high. My temps are there during the day but when I shut the white bulb out, it drops to 78. Is that a problem?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 10:11 pm

Rollincoal420 wrote:
I so I was readin a few care sheets on the web about the red tails and they are saying that the temps should be between 85-90 with a basking spot just over 90 by a few degrees. Is that right? I didnt think they would be that high and you never see them at the stores with enough heat source's to keep the ambient tank temps that high. My temps are there during the day but when I shut the white bulb out, it drops to 78. Is that a problem?

I've not kept red tails but I can say that pet stores are usually not the best source of information or examples of husbandry. Stores are geared to get cages filled and emptied as quickly as possible. There usually isn't a lot of specific care afforded to the animals they bring in. That's not the case with all stores, thankfully, but a great deal of them...
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 7:40 am

I figured as much. I try not to base it on what the stores are doin. I just c that there snakes seem to be doing alright although cant really tell if they really are. They ussually seem pretty active in the stores. She seemed rather cold when I got her out last night, but I would think that if she was cold she would move to the warmer side of the tank. I've got an under tank heater under the tank, but she even went back to the same side of the tank when I put her back in, under the lamp. She seems to prefer the side that doesnt have the tank heater and has the lower watt bulb that gets shut off at night. Think I should bring the tank temp up, or let her decide where she wants her heat?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 8:21 am

Does she have a hide on the other side of the tank as well? If so, maybe switch the two and see if she to the warm side. It could be that it's the hide she prefers.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 8:28 am

That rat walking on a branch is funny. xD
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 10:06 am

QuietTempest wrote:
Does she have a hide on the other side of the tank as well? If so, maybe switch the two and see if she to the warm side. It could be that it's the hide she prefers.

There is no hide on the side she goes to. She kinda makes one in 3 inches of coco bark. When I first put her in there, she went to the hide on the hot side and buried herself half in and half out of the hide. by the next morning she burrowed over to the other side.

If you wr the rat and seen the look in her eyes, you would get as high up as you could too, wouldnt you Degan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sabin, the Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabin, the Boa   Sabin, the Boa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabin, the Boa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Snakes-
Jump to: