Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tongs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Tongs Empty
PostSubject: Tongs   Tongs Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 4:09 pm

I really should buy some tongs. Using a spoon just doesn't cut it sometimes. I had a funny situation today with Corkscrew missing the mouse and coming halfway out of the container, striking at everything that moved (aka, me). I finally had to give him a different mouse just so I could put him back in his container without getting bitten. Corn snakes can be so feisty! Also, when my ball python, Hot Wheels, nailed her mouse, I could hear her teeth on the metal spoon. Yikes!

The culprit...his fault he ended up with a smaller food item. Lol.

Tongs FeedA

Tongs FeedB

Sorry for the flash glare. I didn't want to take him out of the container or disturb his feeding, so I just opened the lid a little.

Last edited by DaganGecko on September 1st 2010, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Tongs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tongs   Tongs Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 9:28 pm

invigorating isn't it :-P you can use a loosely tied string and it will slip off under any strain of the snake getting it.
Back to top Go down

Tongs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Snakes-
Jump to: