Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Empty
PostSubject: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 8:45 pm

So, my new mojo female shed sometime earlier today. There are still some rough places on her that make me think maybe she rubbed against a screen the wrong way or something back in Kentucky but I'm confident that will all clear up in another shed or two. Her scales also look stretched in places and I'm guessing her meal here with me (two weanling rats) may have been larger than what she's accustomed to. Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because when I opened her tub tonight it was as if some other snake had taken her place. The difference is wild. So wild, in fact, that I had to open my male mojave's tub just to compare the differences.

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Cimg6085
Eve, female mojave

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Cimg6086
Dragon, male mojave

Ordinarily, I would not put a newly acquired snake in direct contact with my collection but I didn't feel that the other pics really showed the amount of contrast between the two so I snapped two shots before putting them back into their bins.

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Cimg6087v

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Cimg6089
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Phoenix

Phoenix

Female Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 12:29 am

Smile Gorgeous!! Her color just jumps out at you. Will that be her potential mate? They do look very good together. Looks to have been a very good find for you.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 1:10 am

Very nice!! I'm excited for you!!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 1:42 am

Phoenix, I can answer that question--yes, Sandy will be breeding those two snakes, but only for me, so don't even think about buying babies.

J/k of course, but I am eager for one. Seems like that female has a ways to go though. Maybe even a year? I'm not so good on guessing these things.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 2:20 am

Your guess is probably not very far off, Dagan. Because she's so little, it's going to take longer than anticipated to have her up to size for breeding. I expect her to be ready to go around the same time that my butter female is ready for breeding - probably 2012.

However, I do plan to start pairing Dragon with one or two of my females in the fall so that I can work towards some mojo babies in the spring.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Phoenix

Phoenix

Female Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 2:48 am

Crying Aw Dagan, don't be greedy. I just want one. Rolling Eyes Anyway next year is better for me, I just blew my budget & snake money. Doesn't mean I'm not still looking, hoping, & planning. Drool They'll certainly be worth waiting for!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 11:57 am

That's great, Sandy. I can't wait. You guys have certainly corrupted me into liking ball pythons a lot. There was a time when I would have sworn by corn snakes instead. I love all snakes still, but ball pythons certainly have sweet temperaments, for the most part. Plus there's nothing like the feeling of holding a ball python that is warm from sleeping over a heat pad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what a difference a shed makes!    Wow, what a difference a shed makes!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow, what a difference a shed makes!
Page 1 of 1