Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the crap!?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 6:37 pm

So I'm feeding my snakes today and every single adult female has tried to lunge at me as soon as I open their tub! It's ridiculous!! I guess this means they're in high gear preparing for breeding? They never did this before and it took me a bit by surprise! Brianna's ball, Ailynn, is the worst among them! After she tried to go for me, I tapped her snout with my makeshift snake hook to say, "Hey, Stupid. I'm not dinner!" and she backed off only to rear up and strike at the air while I was getting her rat.

Only one of the males, Gabriel, seemed agitated or eager to go after me when I opened his tub. Everyone else has patiently waited for their food to be dropped or dangled in front of them.

Crazy things happen when breeding season is upon them, I suppose. lol
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Phoenix

Phoenix

Female Posts : 26

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 7:55 pm

Shocked Wow, must be a lot of pheromones stirring around in the air. None of my snakes are old enough for breeding yet, so I guess I have that to look forward to. The only ones I have that do that anytime I get near their enclosures are the cal-kings. But that's just their strong feeding response, they're always thinking of food. Thanks for the pre-warning for my future. pale
Back to top Go down
Shane

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 3:20 am

Might be my extra tasty rats Drool LOL

Be careful out there Sandy Smile
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 1:03 pm

LOL I guess so, Shane!

Oh and my male jungle carpet ate rats again! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Shane

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 1:09 pm

Good to hear !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the crap!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the crap!?   What the crap!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the crap!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: Reptile Discussion :: Snakes-
Jump to: