Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new here from englewood

Go down 
+3
DaganGecko
boggylizard
rebelreptiles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rebelreptiles

Male Posts : 22

new here from englewood Empty
PostSubject: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 2:41 am

hi guys and gals new here and some what to the herp culture my past reptiles have been 1.0 ball python 3 1/2 feet, 1.0 coastal tri stripped carpet python 3 foot, 1.0 leopard gecko (r.i.p.). And i now have 1.0 ball python 3 foot, 1.0 bearded dragon, 1.0 red nigerian uromastyx (its the wifes) and i plan on getting a colombian boa soon.
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 3:02 am

Welcome to the forum! I don't know many other people who keep uros and would love to see pics.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 1:28 pm

Hey there, do you have a name we can call you? Wink
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: hi   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 2:57 pm

my name is blake and for pics not sure im on a phone
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 3:36 pm

Nice to meet you, Blake. Smile I'm Sandy.

Oh. There was an ad on CL for a $100 female het albino Columbian red tail if that's what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2010, 7:08 pm

Welcome Blake I'm Gina! I love the Nigerian Uros myself! I have a trio, and 2 babies(one left that I haven't sold). I would list the other stuff I have but it would take too long. So if you guys are ever in the area or decided you wanna come out for one of our get togethers feel free!

Oh and my husband is Boggylizard on here! lol
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: breeding and selling   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 6:25 pm

so does anybody know about the laws of breeding and selling, do i need a class II permit or just a buissness license? And if i wanted to get a class II permit how would i go about getting one?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 6:52 pm

rebelreptiles wrote:
so does anybody know about the laws of breeding and selling, do i need a class II permit or just a buissness license? And if i wanted to get a class II permit how would i go about getting one?

Depends on what you want to breed. You need the Class II propagation permit if you plan to breed and sell any animals considered native -- about 99% of all colubrids fall into that category here in TN as ridiculous as it is.

If you want to get one, you'll have to call TWRA and request the propagation permit application. There's a $250 fee and you'll be required to provide proof that the founder animals you'll be working with were legally obtained through a licensed dealer.
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 7:25 pm

so that means that i have to buy the first pair from a breeder and not an just off of CL?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 9:45 pm

If you buy from CL, you'd want to get the receipt that the previous owner had for the animal. Not many keep those receipts but if they ever had intentions of breeding them, they should have them.

Your best bet, however, would be to buy from a pet store that has a Class II permit and hang on to all of your receipts. Make SURE that whatever store you would buy from actually has the permit because not all do and if it turns out that the store was selling them without a permit then your permit application will be denied.

Last edited by QuietTempest on December 19th 2010, 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 10:03 pm

well thank you Sandy for all the helpful info, ill have to check into the permit some time next year im a little broke right now
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 2:23 am

No problem! TWRA can be a pain to deal with and the fees are ridiculous, IMO. Just make sure all your paperwork is in order and you should be just fine.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 2:39 pm

yeah the fees are ridiculous but think about it this way, wouldn't it be better to drop 250 bucks now and not have to worry about losing your house if they some how find out?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 3:27 pm

I didn't know they could take away one's house! Ugh.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 4:03 pm

In their jurisdiction they are more powerful than any other group. It is insane how much power they have.
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: merry chrismas!   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 7:11 pm

merry chrismas all!!!
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 2:24 am

[url=[img][/img][url=new here from englewood IMG_20110126_203044]this is the new sweet heart sookie she's 6mos old.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 4:30 pm

You may get more responses if you post in the discussion threads. The introduction threads/posts tend to get buried and go unnoticed. Wink
Back to top Go down
rebelreptiles

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 11:52 pm

lol yeh i know but i was just making sure that it worked. Ill start a new thread under the lizards
Back to top Go down
bowmansreptiles

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2011, 3:05 am

This is my new user name but its still me rebelreptiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new here from englewood   new here from englewood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new here from englewood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: New Members :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: