Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mph2

Male Posts : 9

In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Empty
PostSubject: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 8:33 pm

I am tired of dealing with the pet store here in sevierville they want outrageous prices for frozen or live rats which I was dealing with for awhile till my rat factory starts running smooth but on top of that they can't seem to keep the damn freezer stocked it seems like every damn time I'm in there they are out of the sizes I need and a sizes vary alot I understand alittle but it's like the size of a penny to a dollar. I can understand the prices that the have to keep the doors open but 10 dollars for a large WTF. They need to go to rodent pro and order some feeders. It's like 2 dollars for a large rat. So after my little rant lol is there someone around here that could supply me with rats currently I'm feeding 2 snakes about the girth of one inch and 2 snakes at about 2 inchs weekly and one everyother week at 4 inch girth. If there is someone local that can help me out till my factory starts blooming I would deeply appreciate it you can text me 865-235-2522 thanks
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm

I might be able to help you out but Sevierville is a bit of a drive and I'm only able to pick up rodents on Wednesday mornings.

Local suppliers seem to be harder and harder to come by. Have you considered going in on a group order for RodentPro or MiceDirect with some of the people here?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 10:46 pm

QuietTempest wrote:

I might be able to help you out but Sevierville is a bit of a drive and I'm only able to pick up rodents on Wednesday mornings.

Local suppliers seem to be harder and harder to come by. Have you considered going in on a group order for RodentPro or MiceDirect with some of the people here?

We might be interested in doing something like that because we just lost our local supplier. Sad We'll have to go to Critterbarn (blech!) if we don't figure something else out since our guys are on live rats right now. We just have two to feed, but we'll have at least one more in month or so..
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 10:56 pm

If I pla my cards right I should have two more in the next week
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 11:42 pm

Two more suppliers?
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 11:52 pm

Lol no snakes I forgot to say that and they are boas too since. I noticed alot of people on here are ball python people
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 12:00 am

You should hop over to our snake area and post some pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 12:25 am

LOL Oh! I got excited when I thought you might have found more suppliers for the area. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 12:40 am

Hopfully I will be a decent supplier. I currently have 11 female breeder rats and two of which are definitely prego ready to pop and 2 male studs so once this gets going. I should be able to help out and feed my collection of furless friends currently. I have one rack with 6 tubs and hopefully will be building another one for grow outs. The whole idea behind this is hopefully ( you notice there's alot of hopes lol) I can be seletive on sizes and I know the nutristion they are getting and hopefully again have the rats feeders feed my collection and be breaking even on food bills or darn close.
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 12:47 am

DaganGecko wrote:
You should hop over to our snake area and post some pictures. Smile
And DaganGecko correct me if I'm wrong but you know what four of them look like I got #002 and #017 both females het for albino and poss. Het for anery from you and the other two are from whom I believe is your brother that are a young male and female pair that are also het for albino. And yes I will be posting pictures up soon hopefully
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 7:09 pm

Um actually I have never sold any snakes other than a spider bp! You must have me confused with someone else. If i had some het albinos I'd have kept them, haha. And I don't have a brother. >.> Although this double life is starting to interest me. Have you introduced yourself in our new members area? Smile
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 7:17 pm

Oops my bad I am Think of boggy lizard sorry lol
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 7:31 pm

Haha, Boggy Lizard is Rob, and his wife is Gina, or pachillaliz.
Back to top Go down
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 7:38 pm

Yes rob and Gina.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 12:20 am

Yep, breeding your own feeders is definitely much nicer than buying from someone else and depending on them to get you the sizes you need. Wink I do some small-scale rat breeding myself (no mice, just rats). If you can use frozen feeders, I might be able to help you out myself until your colony gets off the ground. I've got extras on all size rats except Small Plus right now (kinda between Small and Medium). I do have some live rats as well, but quantities are more limited.

Here's my prices on frozen:
Pinky/Fuzzy: $0.50 each
Pup: $0.75 each
Hopper: $0.75 each
Weaned: $1.00 each
Small: $1.25 each
Medium: $1.75 each
Large: $2.00 each
XL: $2.25 each
XXL: $2.50 each

I've got 5 XLs and 5 XXLs right now, plus one huge retired male breeder that's what I'd call a 3XL--he is huge! If you can use them for the boas, I'd be glad to get rid of them, since my snakes can't eat anything over a Large rat. I am in Maryville, so you'll probably want to get a few if you make the trip. Wink Especially with gas prices up. Just let me know if you think you'll need some rats from me, and I'll PM you my phone number and address.

I wouldn't be able to supply you long-term, but short term I can. Most of my snake collection has been voluntarily off of feed throughout the winter months, so I've had the opportunity to stock up, but they'll begin feeding again and start diplinishing my stock. LOL Of course, the rats will still be producing, but I also hope to have 3 clutches of babies that will be taking many of the young rats once they're born. hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
mph2

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 6:29 am

Most of the time i feed frozen thawed but when the lovely pet store is out of frozen I feed prekilled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being   In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In need of a good local soruce of feeder rats for the time being
Page 1 of 1