Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Repticon I.C.E. Show

Go down 
+3
HerpAlicous
QuietTempest
JungleMan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JungleMan

Male Posts : 23

The Repticon I.C.E. Show Empty
PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:39 pm

I know that it is only April, but the I.C.E. show is only five months away. Supposedly it is going to be the biggest Repticon show ever with room for over 300 hundred vendors. mmmm There are many reptile enthusiast on this forum which might have a certain something that they are looking for and very well could find it here. The date is Sept. 24-25 and is something I look highly forward too attending, and just maybe we could get us a caravan or a little car pooling togeher for this trip! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:51 pm

http://www.repticon.com/ice.html

Hmmmm... It's definitely tempting and if I don't get to go and blow all my money at the Daytona show, I'll try to make it to this one. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:14 pm

I think the I.C.E. show will be better than the F.I.R.E show if that is the daytona show you are refering too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:28 pm

The Daytona show is the NARBC. It's the biggest of the big. Smile At least, that's what I'm told. I've not been yet.

http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:41 pm

That may be the biggest show, I really don't know. I do know that I am for sure going to try and attend that ICE show. I was just wanting to assembly a group of locals to attend the show with. JUst something to think about.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:43 pm

Oh definitely! Smile It's closer to home anyway.
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 9:56 pm

Isn't Myrtle Beach closer than Daytona? I thought it was about 2 hours closer.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 10:27 pm

Myrtle Beach is closer, yes. I think that we are going to try our best to make it to ICE, it just depends on what's going on then, in September. It'd be a good birthday present for me! Hehe. I had one of the breeders at WARE tell me that Daytona is going downhill, and isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Of course, I still think it sounds awesome, but I think ICE would be more do-able for us, especially since it'd be off season prices for a place to stay overnight in September.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 1:51 am

JungleMan wrote:
Isn't Myrtle Beach closer than Daytona? I thought it was about 2 hours closer.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Smile

Off season hotel would be nice, too. Hmmm.. This show is sounding better and better. lol I wonder when a vendor list will be available.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2011, 4:08 pm

This year I believe the ICE show is supposed to be bigger than Daytona. To quote one of my friend's words, a vendor, "Daytona is dying." It's mostly ball pythons. I think it's just so far away that people are starting to slack off in attendance. But I'm up for ANY show, and any trip. It's always an adventure. Smile

Definitely planning on going to ICE myself and would love to carpool.
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 12:13 pm

i wonder if i could talk the wife into going for the weekend nice family vacation they can go to the beach daddy can goto the expo that sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 6:31 pm

This show is a little over a month away and was wondering if anyone/who will be attending this show? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 6:35 pm

I want to go but a friend of ours is getting married on the 24th and it's a big deal for Brian to be there for her. Doh! Just have to see what happens at this point. Unsure
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 6:42 pm

Maybe you can leave after the wedding late into the night and arrive at the show at opening. I don't wanna go alone. lol
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 6:43 pm

Me neither or I'd go and leave Brian with his friend and her wedding. lol
Back to top Go down
JungleMan

PostSubject: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 6:58 pm

Sounds like a good plan. hehehehe. I really want to go
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 7:03 pm

So I am pretty positive I am going. The only kink in my get along is I haven't rented a hotel yet. anyone got any Ideas on how to go about that or where to look? I plan on staying the whole weekend.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 7:29 pm

There was a really good deal listed through the Crown Reef Resort if you were attending the reptile show, but I'm not seeing it listed now. You could call and ask, though. I want to say it was just $49 a night compared to their $100+ per night rate.

http://search.guestdesk.com/reservations/CrownReefResort/search/4561

The other hotels all look like they're going to be around $69/night.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 3:24 pm

Gina and I are planning on vending the show if we can recover from our sudden move quickly enough. The move took alot of money that we really didn't have to spend but we will hopefully be able to make it. We might be able to share a room with someone who could split the bill with us. We will know for sure in a week or so.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 3:37 pm

It's looking like I'm going to be stuck here at home. Crying Brian's friend's wedding is on Sat and I'm not sure if we'd be able to make it out there for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 12:06 pm

We were totally planning on trying to make it earlier in the summer, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we won't be going! Crying

Those of you that make it, PLEASE take lots of pics and post when you get back! And have fun and be safe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Repticon I.C.E. Show   The Repticon I.C.E. Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Repticon I.C.E. Show
Page 1 of 1