Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 10:46 am

Our Lesser het. Pied is missing!

We went out of town, and my little sister came over to take care of SOME of our geckos, and feed our fish. For some reason, she thought it was a good idea to mess with our snakes, since a friend came with her. I had her come by Sunday, and Tuesday, and Tuesday afternoon she texted me and told me that she couldn't find Raze. My first thought was, why is she messing with the snakes again?

Anyways, I don't understand how it happened, based on what she's telling me, and what Brent is saying. He said he checked everyone Friday, and they were all fine and pushed back. My sister is saying that they only messed with our Spider, who it up two spots on the rack from the one that is missing. So, if they didn't mess with him, how did he escape? When we came home, our Spider wasn't pushed back all the way, and ALL of the doors upstairs were open. I know some of them were closed when we left! (so something isn't adding up, and my sister still hasn't responded to my last text Pissed Off )

We looked under the rack, on the empty spots where the heat tape is exposed, under the TV stand where it's dark and warm, under the couch, behind the fish stand, under beds, etc. No sign of him!

This is our most expensive snake, and he very well could have been escaped since Sunday! It's really going to suck if he doesn't turn up, but Brent and have more important things to worry about, so we're not letting it get to us too much.

I'm just really upset because I feel like my sister ended up not being very trustworthy. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 11:51 am

I'm so sorry to hear that! Sad I would say check in closets. Whenever mind would get out, they always seemed to enjoy surprising us in a closet. Jungle carpet pythons would always have climbed up onto clothes hanging in the closets and ball pythons liked to hide behind or beneath things on the closet floor. We had a missing ball hidden on the bottom shelf of a bookcase before, too. It can be nerve wracking not knowing where they are, but just keep looking low and listen for anything being moved or knocked over. He'll turn up.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
boggylizard

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 7:28 pm

The few that we have had go missing always stay in our reptile room and always end up being found at night crawling across the floor or up a rack somewhere. Devin came up with a really good idea for us one day if the snake is small enough. Cut the top off of a two liter bottle about six inches from the top. Turn the top over and tape it back to the open end of the two liter. Leave it on the floor with a food item in the bottom. Kind of makes a live trap for the snake. The one time we tried this, we actually found the snake before we had a chance to use the trap, but it sounds pretty good in theory. Hopefully this will help. Good luck!! Hope you find it soon.
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 11:14 pm

boggylizard wrote:
The few that we have had go missing always stay in our reptile room and always end up being found at night crawling across the floor or up a rack somewhere. Devin came up with a really good idea for us one day if the snake is small enough. Cut the top off of a two liter bottle about six inches from the top. Turn the top over and tape it back to the open end of the two liter. Leave it on the floor with a food item in the bottom. Kind of makes a live trap for the snake. The one time we tried this, we actually found the snake before we had a chance to use the trap, but it sounds pretty good in theory. Hopefully this will help. Good luck!! Hope you find it soon.

Thats actually an amazing Idea! good ingenuity devin!
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Update!   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 5:05 pm

WE FOUND HIM!! cheers Very Happy

He was hiding in a box in our bonus room. He hadn't gotten too far from the rack!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 5:17 pm

Oh good!! Smile It can be nerve wracking having one lost. Glad you found him!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
boggylizard

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2011, 9:58 pm

Congrats! cheers cheers Glad you found him!!
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 1:56 pm

Thanks, guys! We were so relieved to find him, especially Brent!
Back to top Go down
Rren

Rren

Female Posts : 4

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 8:30 am

Glad he turned up!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well..   Well.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down