Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pics of Azula

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
msskellington

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 10:04 pm

she looks really sickly in these pics for some reason...... Sad

pics of Azula DSC_0001

pics of Azula DSC_0003

we started giving her a mineral/vitamin mix instead of just calcium dust on her crickets....she's looking a little better now.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 10:12 pm

I've always liked the look of tokays. It's just that 9 times out of 10, they'll take a hunk out of your hand. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
msskellington

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 10:14 pm

weird that i would end up with one, and be okay with that. i'm content not to touch her...just look at her and bow to her every whim...haha...

i just read that they might take baby food. i might try that with her....who knows...
Back to top Go down
Kazzy

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 1:13 am

Yeah, I believe that they'll take baby food. Try some turkey flavored kind and mix in the calci and vits with it. You may have to convince her to eat it by dropping some on her nose though.

I know tokays are vicious geckos, but I wouldn't mind. They make awesome noises and are very pretty...funny I've never had one. lol
Back to top Go down
msskellington

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 9:43 am

i love azula to bits. she isn't so bad....she just likes to bite. she usually just bites on the the cloth that i pick her up with, and then she doesn't let go... i don't think i'll ever be able to handle her without it. she just doesn't let go, no matter how long you hold her. i have to drop the cloth in the tank with her and just retrieve it when she finally lets go of it....
Back to top Go down
Kazzy

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 1:00 pm

Sounds like a tokay. I've had one latch on to my thumb before...that sucked. He continued to bite harder and harder and I had to just put him and my hand back in the tank until he decided to let go. I was afraid to pry him off because their jaw bones feel so delicate.
Back to top Go down
msskellington

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 1:03 pm

yeah, you can't pry them off without hurting them. I've heard its best to spray them or dunk them till they let go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pics of Azula Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics of Azula   pics of Azula Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pics of Azula
Page 1 of 1