Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kimmie79

Female Posts : 22

People!! Empty
PostSubject: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 10:46 pm

[center]Ok so I'm just venting here but I'm so tired of having my snakes out and people asking me what they are and when I tell them its a ball python or a boa or whatever and they ask a million questions and I go through the whole thing they then ask me if their venomous. Ok hello did I not just explain that they were constrictors no they havent magically took the venom out of them and no if they bite you dont have to get a shot of antivenom I mean sheesh people quit watchin so much tv and read a book. Guess it wouldnt bother me so bad if it wasnt the same people asking these questions over and over!!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 11:45 pm

Be happy that they're curious and asking questions. It could be worse and they could be condemning you for having "the devil's creatures" in your home and around your children. lol At least they're showing a little interest in your animals rather than trying to kill them.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 1:00 am

Thank animal planet.
Back to top Go down
knox

knox

Male Posts : 78

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 8:26 am

Even if they read a book, they probably aren't reading books on snakes.

I always love the opportunity to talk about snakes and educate people. The more questions the better. When someone leaves after talking with me, they have a little more truth in their back pocket and a little less ignorance (I mean "ignorance" in the true sense, not in a condemning way).

I believe you are looking at this in the wrong way. We have opportunities to be ambassadors for these fantastic pets. Soak it in and be excellent, kind, and gentle about answering questions.

As I heard on another forum long ago... Don't be a "Snake Snob" Smile
Back to top Go down
kimmie79

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 12:39 pm

Lol guess I did kinda sound like a snot. I love to show my snakes off and for people to ask questions about them it just gets a little redundant when its the same people asking the same questions over and over. And I agree completely and am thankful they're not running from them and screaming lol cause I've actually had that happen suffice it to say I dont think it helped when I laughed at them but you just had to be there!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 5:13 pm

kimmie79 wrote:
Lol guess I did kinda sound like a snot. I love to show my snakes off and for people to ask questions about them it just gets a little redundant when its the same people asking the same questions over and over. And I agree completely and am thankful they're not running from them and screaming lol cause I've actually had that happen suffice it to say I dont think it helped when I laughed at them but you just had to be there!

Can completely understand the frustration if it's the same people asking the same questions. lol Maybe next time they ask, remind them there will be a pop quiz and to pay attention? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
kimmie79

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 8:05 pm

Lol hey good idea maybe I'll try that!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: People!!   People!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down