Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

reptile show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bpfreak

bpfreak

Male Posts : 21

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 2:45 pm

we are trying to start a reptile show in chattanooga if any1 is wanting to vend at it please let me know NORD reptiles is the person that is trying to get it going i am just posting this for a friend that is trying to get it started too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 8:45 pm

I'd love to see a TN reptile expo but it's not likely to happen as long as Mr. Cook is still pulling the strings at TWRA. No
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 11:48 pm

if ol' Walter gives the go ahead on a LEGAL show in Tennessee, Hell will have indeed frozen over.
Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: nord reptiles   reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 12:49 am

Nord Reptiles ok here is the deal if you would like us to put on a "gulf coast reptile expo" in your area i need vendor contacts! We would love to come to chattanooga and or mobile but i am far from these places and dont know anyone up there! So if you know people that would like to vend an expo, please put them in contact with me and we will get a show going in your area! (606)369-4357 . This is the reply he posted on his post about the shows
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 12:19 pm

Pachilla and I would love to do a show in TN if we could get one going. We will have enough animals here soon to at least fill two tables with reptiles and another with rodents. Suprisingly enough, when we did the Repticon show in June in Columbia, SC, the rodents were the big draw. We only sold three snakes all weekend but almost sold out of rodents. We should also be able to do at least one table with supplies alone. It would be great to have a show in state. Might break the ice with TWRA and open up things for more shows. I might just be dreaming too, but a guy can dream, right? Anywho, we would love to do an in state show. I will pm you our phone# and you can pass it along appropriately. Really hope this works out! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 9:12 pm

TWRA won't allow any Class II animals to be sold without getting the $250 permit and you have to be able to provide a paper trail proving each and every animal (or both of its parents) were purchased legally and/or imported legally into the state before you can qualify for the permit. According to TWRA, 99% of all US colubrids are considered indigenous Class II animals because they don't differentiate beyond genus. It's a headache and a half dealing with TWRA and most reptile expo vendors that deal in colubrids just say screw it and don't even bother with it when they can sell their animals without ridiculous fees and restrictions in neighboring states. Unsure

If we had any shows here in TN, they would be strictly regulated and would probably be nothing but pythons and boas. I think that the likely exclusion of colubrids would really weaken the overall appeal. Sad
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 9:42 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the main problem would be getting enough vendors and enough people interested in coming even with the exclusion of colubrids. I know people who deal exclusively with insects (mostly arachnids), beardies, boas, pythons, etc... Some would be traveling from out of state but might make the drive just to be a part of the first reptile show in TN in a long time. I know I would. I may be way off base but it would definitely be worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 10:10 pm

The main draw back is that Walter Cook is... nevermind. I dont need to go on with that. There are a few people that are USark members that tried to get shows going in Tennessee, as well as David Evans, and guy that Sandy and I know. Sandy hit the nail on the head with the colubrids, but you would also have to apply for a Tennessee vendors license, and apply for a Tennessee tax ID. All out of state vendors wont do that and 90% of the people residing in Tennessee that sell, wont do that either. You WILL have to apply .0925 state sales tax to each sale, as well as disclose taxable income on your taxes via 1099 form. It leaves it dead in the water.

If a HUGE reptile expo "chain" Like Repticon cannot get a show in Tennessee, then someone that is an independent vendor has no chance in hell.

****** The "Memphis" Repticon is not LOCATED IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, it is in Southhaven Mississippi... Right across the border from memphis, so Mississippi animal laws apply, not Tennessee's. ******
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 10:15 pm

I really would like to see a Tennessee reptile expo. I just don't see it happening until someone new (and reptile-friendly) takes Cook's place in TWRA.

It's a long and dated thread (2005), but this is the sort of mess you'd be looking at with getting a show up and running in TN:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69642&pp=5
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 10:22 pm

Id LOVE for there to be a show in Tennessee... But coupled with the fees, turtles/tortoises illegal for sale, colubrids crap ect... its dead in the water. Hell if it were to happen it would be in Nashville.... Drive 3 hours to a mediocre show in nashville, or drive 3 hours to Repticon Atlanta?

Back to top Go down
bpfreak

bpfreak

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2011, 2:22 pm

Nord Reptiles ok here is the deal if you would like us to put on a "gulf coast reptile expo" in your area i need vendor contacts! We would love to come to chattanooga and or mobile but i am far from these places and dont know anyone up there! So if you know people that would like to vend an expo, please put them in contact with me and we will get a show going in your area! (606)369-4357. This is the reply he posted on his post about the shows.

here is the info if you want to try and get one going give him a call
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reptile show  Empty
PostSubject: Re: reptile show    reptile show  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reptile show
Page 1 of 1