Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

breeder loan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bowmansreptiles

Male Posts : 46

breeder loan? Empty
PostSubject: breeder loan?   breeder loan? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 10:19 pm

Does anybody have a normal ball female of breeder size that they are using in any breeding projects and want to breed. I have a male of breeder size but my female isn't goin to make weight this year and I would like to breed this year and I don't have the money to get a breeder female. We can work out details if u want.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

breeder loan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeder loan?   breeder loan? Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2011, 3:00 pm

We don't have any normal females, and our two won't be ready for at least another year or two. All of our BPs are supposed to be 2010 babies.

Anyways, I know you said you don't have the money for a breeding size female, but Fins N Skins is having their annual Customer Appreciation Sale later this month, during Halloween weekend, Friday-Sunday. You might be able to score a good deal there, or even find someone who may be willing to loan out a breeder.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

breeder loan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeder loan?   breeder loan? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 3:03 pm

The breeding doesn't really go with loaning out a female. The male is introduced to the females enclosure usually. also most ppl aren't going to want to part with a female because they are worth more. All of my normal females are being used this season.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

breeder loan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeder loan?   breeder loan? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 4:08 pm

I've seen it go both ways and both carry risks. If you loan out your female, there are obviously all the risks involved with her reproductive health but you also have to consider that some people are just dishonest and may not return her to you when you want her back or not return her at all. When you loan out a male, there's a bit of a risk involved that many people don't consider. If you're loaning out a male, what's to stop them from using him with additional females without your consent/knowledge? What happens if an animal becomes sick, injured or lost? Just some things to consider and work into loan agreement paperwork.

Breeding loans can be very rewarding and it's fun to share the excitement over a clutch with your loan partner, but if you're going to go into a loan agreement with someone it needs to be someone that you TRUST 100%. You need to trust in their ethics as well as their husbandry. If you are unsure or are getting any red flags when working out an agreement, don't do it. Better to be safe than sorry, especially when it involves your animals.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

breeder loan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeder loan?   breeder loan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

breeder loan?
Page 1 of 1