Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Everyone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PsychD

Male Posts : 6

Hey Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hey Everyone   Hey Everyone Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2012, 4:06 pm

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and maybe meet some people who know the ins and outs of the herp community here in Knox. Like where are the best places to get feeders? Where are the good local expos? I moved here a couple years ago for grad school, and I've also been out of the game for almost 10 years. So knowing people with some good knowledge would be great. Starting a ball and boa project now Very Happy I'm excited about it.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Hey Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone   Hey Everyone Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, what is your grad degree in? There are some local breeders here in the area that I would recommend over a store, but the cheapest store is critter barn, even though they are the nastiest, be prepared when you go in there lol. Next is probably fins n skins, locally owned and ran just like critter barn but much more well maintained and in general nicer ppl. The owner is kinda a dick, but I heard there was this younger guy that worked there that is.......ok. I think he is on the forum but never posts, his name is Naja on here. What projects are you looking to start? Post it all up in the different parts of the forum and I am glad to have some new names here that are going to be active.
Back to top Go down
PsychD

Male Posts : 6

Hey Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone   Hey Everyone Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2012, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the reply and the welcome! I'm getting a PhD in clinical psych at UT. I moved here the August of 2010. I'm looking to start some ball and boa projects. I've go 1.1 het albino 2011 balls, a 1.0 2011 Khal albino boa, and 0.1 2010 het Khal albino boa. I'm looking to expand on the ball projects now, and the boa projects as secondary. Ball genetics have become extremely interesting in the last 10 years, and I think it would be fun to experiment with those opportunities!

I have decided to begin breeding some African Soft Fur rats for my collection. Just built a rat rack and hopefully I'll have some extras for people (if they're interested) within the upcoming months. Hopefully I'll have two distinct bloodlines of those guys. If anyone knows of local breeders interested in selling between 1.3 and 2.8 soft furs at a decent price to jump start a second line, let me know!

I hope these forums start becoming more popular! I think it would be a great way to network with some herp folks in the area and begin some personal and professional relationships in the community.

Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Hey Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone   Hey Everyone Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 7:19 pm

did you ever get any soft furs? I only know maybe one or two ppl breeding them now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone   Hey Everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knox Area Reptile Keepers :: New Members :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: