Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just a thought about life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

Just a thought about life Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought about life   Just a thought about life Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2009, 6:49 pm

Well for those of you that know me know that I am a soldier in the U.S.Army, part of the Tn army national Guard.
We are being deployed in December to Iraq this will be my 3rd time now over there.
I have kids, a family, and friends all who I know support me no matter what their view is on the current political views about the situation going on over there in the Middle East.

It is funny last Sunday my fiance and I went to a Yellow Ribbon Briefing, a meeting where they tell you basically things that will help your family while deployed. There was alot of good info there and some of which will be great some we may not use, to each his own right?.

I could tell that even though my fiance says she knew all about it and since then has been all upbeat about her support I can tell she is gravely concerned with this deployment. I shrug it off and joke with her while she is making all these plans for the kids' birthdays and stuff to share memorable moments in their lives with me while I am away. But I know i can feel her concern.

I know to talk to her about it, I know to support her as well through this time before I leave, but I also know her she is a strong and prideful woman and with out me there I guess my concern is more who will help her then. I only have one cousin here in TN that i speak with the rest of my family doesn't want anything to do with me cause of past deployments or arguements that havn't passed yet. My mom lives in IL so that wont help, and her friends have moved away one by one.

Well I dont know I just figure I would share this and get ya'lls prospective about the situation, maybe I am just thinking to far into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about life   Just a thought about life Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2009, 1:57 pm

JDaniel wrote:
Well for those of you that know me know that I am a soldier in the U.S.Army, part of the Tn army national Guard.
We are being deployed in December to Iraq this will be my 3rd time now over there.
I have kids, a family, and friends all who I know support me no matter what their view is on the current political views about the situation going on over there in the Middle East.

It is funny last Sunday my fiance and I went to a Yellow Ribbon Briefing, a meeting where they tell you basically things that will help your family while deployed. There was alot of good info there and some of which will be great some we may not use, to each his own right?.

I could tell that even though my fiance says she knew all about it and since then has been all upbeat about her support I can tell she is gravely concerned with this deployment. I shrug it off and joke with her while she is making all these plans for the kids' birthdays and stuff to share memorable moments in their lives with me while I am away. But I know i can feel her concern.

I know to talk to her about it, I know to support her as well through this time before I leave, but I also know her she is a strong and prideful woman and with out me there I guess my concern is more who will help her then. I only have one cousin here in TN that i speak with the rest of my family doesn't want anything to do with me cause of past deployments or arguements that havn't passed yet. My mom lives in IL so that wont help, and her friends have moved away one by one.

Well I dont know I just figure I would share this and get ya'lls prospective about the situation, maybe I am just thinking to far into it.

Sad Well, I don't think you're thinking too far into it. How long will you be gone?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about life   Just a thought about life Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2009, 2:06 pm

QuietTempest wrote:

Sad Well, I don't think you're thinking too far into it. How long will you be gone?

12 months
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about life   Just a thought about life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thought about life
Page 1 of 1