Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

start of something good...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

start of something good... Empty
PostSubject: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 11:39 pm

Since i have a massive case of ADHD, I forgot to begin taking pictures from the beginning... and then then the phone began to die so i only got one pic... But i guess you'll get the point. lol

I finally started building a rack. Its coming a long quite well, All i have left is to finish the top (6th) tier and wire in flexwatt. I am also enclosing the back to add more stability and to keep the tubs from jumping out the back or creating areas for the geckos to escape.

Heres the only pic!! More will come, i promise.

start of something good... 0903091831
Back to top Go down
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 11:46 pm

looks good , I said forget carpentry and went for easy efficiency lol

start of something good... Snake_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 12:29 am

looks good!

Only thing that kept me from going with the metal is that i wanted to be able to just slide the bins out without having to open lids. Thats my only reason for going with the carpentry lol.
Back to top Go down
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 1:58 am

i wanted to go with the carpentry but i like you have such a prob with ADHD that I dont think it would ever have gotten done so home depot metal shelves had to be it, lol the flexwatt took the longest to get situated and dialing in the helix thermostat, other than that it was smokin fast, but on the inside i really wanted a good home made rack, well oh well

I would like to see what yours looks like when done, keep us updated
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 3:50 pm

Looking good (both of you guys). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
JTG Reptiles

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 6:09 pm

Hey i got a few questions. How big are your tubs and where did you get them? The other one was where do you get the heat tape and last what are you holding in them?
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 9:11 pm

I used the 15 quart rubbermaid clever store containers. I bought them at walmart, but target also has them. The flexwatt was bought from beanfarm.com, but all sorts of online vendors carry it as well. This particular rack is currently holding adult leopard geckos. Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
JTG Reptiles

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 10:45 pm

it did thank you cause im thinking of making a rack system kinda simaliar as yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: start of something good...   start of something good... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

start of something good...
Page 1 of 1