Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New addition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

New addition Empty
PostSubject: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 10:24 am

Just acquired a Brazilian rainbow boa male last night and the astounding price of 85 bucks. The feed chart came with it, does PF stand for Peach fuzzy? it has 3 diff abbreviations on it. PF, FZ, and MF Are those, Peach Fuzzy, Fuzzy, and Medium Fuzzy? I just want to make sure I get the right sized meal for him. I will have pictures soon, I don't wanna get him out just yet since he just got here. I re did my old gecko tank now that I got rid of the last gecko. The tank is 1 foot by 1 foot by 2 feet tall. I think it is perfect for a baby brazilian. My other tank is coming along as well. It is 4\6ths complete.... The bottom is curing right now so I can add teh back and top. The door will be confusing however.... The front is way to flimsy and weak to make a door in so I have to make the door int he back because I already glued down the sides and can't cut them now... My back is also blue plexi I can't see through it so I can;t make it the front unless I don't mind not seeing the snake..... That tank is, 24X15X36 inches. I think it should be suitable for a while Razz I also re-rigged my aquarium tank for the expected jungle carpet python. He has kept his force fed meal down yay now he just needs to take one on his own. My big female ball python is doing pretty good I just made her a new hide the other day out of stones I collected from douglas lake, I baked them and cleaned them. She loves the hide. She rarely ever comes out any more. She downed a large rat last night, and was interested in eating another one, My fatty fatty.Little Lucy the other bp is in shed right now, not so much interested in anything lol. Well that turned into a bit more than just the new addition sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 8:56 pm

Pics! ASAP Smile

Since you mentioned him, the jungle baby you're interested in shed today. He's a pretty pale yellow at the moment. Wink

Those abbreviations seem a bit confusing but I think you're right. Just look at his belly and gauge what he can or can't handle. My baby jungles are tiny little buggers but the ones who eat readily for me are taking large fuzzies or small hoppers right now. My baby balls are taking hoppers or small mice. If you can gauge your guy with either of those examples, that might give you an idea of what to get for him.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 9:26 pm

New addition F430u8
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 10:19 pm

OooooOOoooOOoooh. I like him.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Kazzy

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 1:40 pm

Congrats!!!! He's gorgeous!!!!
Back to top Go down
msskellington

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:02 pm

when he grows up maybe we can talk breeding project???
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:07 pm

I'm sure you and I could work out a breeding project. As for the snakes that might take a year or so.
Back to top Go down
msskellington

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2009, 12:28 pm

devin, are you ever not a perv?

lol..

i'm getting fixed in the next few days, so nooooo breeding projects for me...haha

but when the BRB gets to size. I think Pandora will be ready in about a year or so.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2009, 12:55 pm

Life would be so boring if I had to be serious online as well as in person...........and you know you like it.
I would definitely be down for letter him rock pandoras world when he is ready :-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New addition Empty
PostSubject: Re: New addition   New addition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New addition
Page 1 of 1