Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the Hell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rollincoal420

Male Posts : 99

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:36 pm

So... the baby male just shed, and now he is doing this weird coiling and twisting thing while hanging from his tale. Does anyone know what the hell he is doing?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:52 pm

I have no idea without seeing it for myself?? Is he acting normally otherwise?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 9:16 pm

Seems like it. I'll see if I can get a video if he does it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 9:44 pm

Sorry about the light but you can c what he is doing.

What the Hell Th_Whirly
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 10:02 pm

I'm not sure what's up with him. Confused He's acting like he's having a neurological reaction to something?? Does he do that all the time?
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:10 pm

Not all the time. He will do it for about a min or 2 when I first get him out and handle him and he did it once in his tank while the dog was playing one time
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 9:41 pm

I'm not sure what would be causing him to do that to be honest with you. I haven't seen that before. Anyone else care to chime in?
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 7:28 am

Maybe he's just starved for attention. He will stop while he is doing it and look around almost to c if n e one is watching. The when he see's me lookin at him, he starts back up again
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 10:23 am

So long as he still eats well and isn't having issues with perching, I suppose it isn't cause for alarm but if he stops eating or can't easily right himself if he loses his grip on a perch I'd start worrying.
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 11:21 am

Thats what I was thinking. I havent got worried about it other than it was interesting until you said something about that neurological crap. Then I started woundering.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm

He is jsut working out so he can become a big strong jcp when he grows up...........
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 12:38 pm

Any updates?
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 10:56 am

Hey eveyone. Sorry for the delay. I left for Iowa for work a couple of weeks ago. I left all of the snakes at home with my girlfriend except for the 2 JCP's. He's not doing it anymore. He isnt eating F/T right now and there isnt shit for food options in Iowa. Hell, there isnt shit in Iowa period. I think he may still be alittle disturbed from the move. Sweet P is doing really well though. He is eating F/T hoppers from my hand and is getting big. When I come home next, I'm bringing my camera back and will get some pics.

I'll keep in touch when I can and I'm working on getting a place where I can get access to the web so I will be intouch
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 11:14 am

I ALMOST FORGOT!! I went to the store to pick up some live meals for the 2 Jungles and all the store had was small adult mice. Probably just weaned or close to it. So I got the smallest one they had, bigger than the hoppers I got for Sweat P after this incident.

She didnt hesitate to eat it Live. I was really surprised. Her being the size she is and the mouse being what it was, and live. She's coming around really well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 7:04 pm

I would suggest offering freshly killed hoppers for the male. It might help him get acquainted with taking f/t feeders. All of my snakes take freshly killed feeders and all of them would gladly have a go with live if I let them, but some are just plain stubborn when it comes to f/t stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 7:17 pm

I'll try it if I can find them around here. He's taken f/t before. I'll get it worked out and let u know
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 7:41 pm

Smile Hope you get him back on track sooner rather than later.

Any new pics of these guys?
Back to top Go down
Rollincoal420

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 11:52 pm

I'll try and get some with my phone this week. Its all I got to work with for now
Back to top Go down
laughing dog

laughing dog

Male Posts : 68

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 11:31 pm

your snake from what it looks like in the vid, is doing what one of my snakes as a child did, and is doing the mouth thing to. it turned out to be sick later from a parisite that was making it twitchy (think it was tape worm from feeders). hope its not, but just saying it as an option as it is doing the exact same thing, and squirmy parasites make sense that it would hang and squirm like that to like mine, or its completely coincidental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Hell   What the Hell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the Hell
Page 1 of 1