Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hell or snake topic......idk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Hell or snake topic......idk Empty
PostSubject: Hell or snake topic......idk   Hell or snake topic......idk Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 8:56 am

So I don't know whether to put this in hell or here. for those of you who don't know me I work at petsmart. Kind of appalling I know. Anyway we have our little reptile habitats set up with one hide, water dish and some decoration. a thermometer and hygrometer.....or hidrometer by some dude on craigs list..... The thermometers and hygrometers come with a sticky back to them that goes on the wall. Once it is stuck on it is hard to get off. WE have to move them when we get different snakes to tell the temps int he right area so it ruins thermometers all the time. So we took to getting sticky Velcro and sticking one side to the thermometer and the other to the wall. Worked great..........until. The snakes like to climb on the thermometers of course. So one was climbing on it and pulled the sticky down instead of the Velcro in half. The sticky bonded to the snakes skin and the snake tried to get it off ripping the snakes skin off. A customer saw it before my co worker who was working that day did. He ripped a huge chunk out of himself. You could see muscle tissue. I heard about this through texts..... yesterday morning. They wanted like 360$ to stitch him back up at the vet. So they told me they opted o put him down. I was a bit urked at this because i didn't really know how bad the snake was. I got there yesterday afternoon and turns out the vet decided to use some glue and glue him back together. The snake had a big chunk missing but didn't look too bad. So I am now babying a snake who is so little i don't think it has had its first shed..... We can't sell him now due to the scar he will have. so if I get him\her to live i might be adopting out a ball python to some one.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Hell or snake topic......idk   Hell or snake topic......idk Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 11:46 pm

That's crazy but I have heard similar stories involving tape in reptile cages. As I understand it, tape + snakes = bad mojo. One wouldn't expect the velcro to unstick from the wall and attach itself to a snake, however. I have worried about it happening with my geckos before but they seem to know when to leave well enough alone.

Anyway I hope the snakeling makes it!
Back to top Go down
jasonnorthern1979

Male Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hell or snake topic......idk   Hell or snake topic......idk Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 2:00 pm

If you need to get rid of him or her let me know
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Hell or snake topic......idk   Hell or snake topic......idk Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 4:41 pm

Aww man. Poor thing. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell or snake topic......idk   Hell or snake topic......idk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hell or snake topic......idk
Page 1 of 1