Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bedding question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beardie_mom

Female Posts : 21

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: bedding question   bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 1:46 pm

just curious what yall thought about putting indoor outdoor carpet in a tank for baby bearded dragons and leopard geckos? the reptile carpet is so expencive what do u think? im hating the paper towles the crickets hide
Back to top Go down
ReptarAwesome

ReptarAwesome

Male Posts : 67

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bedding question   bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 3:29 pm

actually when i got my first dragon.i had to go cheap so i got actual play sand from walmart. its like 4 bucks for 40s. then when i got more money i switched tocrushed walnut shells and calcium sand. they are 15 bucks a bag.
the only prob with the actual indoor outdoor carpet is that it could absorb moisture abd get them sick
Back to top Go down
beardie_mom

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: my adults are on crushed walnut    bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 5:44 pm

but i am curently nursing 3 leopard geckos back to health that are impacted due to play sand so I dont want to use it n the babys are only 1 month old but ty
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bedding question   bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 6:23 pm

I use drawer liner in my gecko tank. I got the no-slip black variety and think it works well. It's cheap, too. I bought a roll of it at Walmart and just rotate a clean piece when the one in the tank needs to be cleaned.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bedding question   bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 4:46 pm

I have used indoor outdoor carpeting. I think it works pretty well you just have to make sure that you clean it really good. I would have a few pieces cut out and once one was dirty I would take that one out and scrub it down and clean it and put a new insert in and just let the other one dry and it would be ready for next time.
Back to top Go down
beardie_mom

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: awesome    bedding question Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 12:31 am

ty ty ty ty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bedding question Empty
PostSubject: Re: bedding question   bedding question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bedding question