Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Empty
PostSubject: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 3:20 pm

So Gina mentioned that Fins N Skins Customer Appreciation Day Sale is going to be at the end of next month so I called them up and got some details.

The sale days will be October 30th and 31st. Business hours are 11am-8pm on Saturday and 1pm-5pm on Sunday.

There will be discounts on everything in the store, including fish and reptiles.

There will be a costume contest. Prize goes to the best fish or reptile related costume.

I think it would be a lot of fun if we could all check out the sales together. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 4:35 pm

I think that would be a great idea!! to bad the contest is on halloween...we could have gone to the apprication day and then come to my house for a get together!! I know people have plans halloween night. However Saturday evening is still an option!!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 4:40 pm

pachillaliz wrote:
I think that would be a great idea!! to bad the contest is on halloween...we could have gone to the apprication day and then come to my house for a get together!! I know people have plans halloween night. However Saturday evening is still an option!!

I think Saturday would be fun. Smile Sunday we'll probably be out neighborhood hopping for candies and then my new show premieres that night. lol

We should all shoot for a particular time to go out there on Saturday if possible.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 5:25 pm

LOL you were the main person I was talking about having other plans!! Smile I still don't know what I'm gonna be Alien
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 10:49 pm

I will probably try to make it again this year to the sale. Don't really need any more animals, but I might get some supplies, just depending on what they've got. And it would be cool to go and just hang out with everyone for a while. Wink

I might dress up, depends on how cold it is and if I can still fit in my costume . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 10:56 pm

I think we're getting together at Rob and Gina's that night, too. Smile

I don't think I'll be buying anything from the sale this year but it's always nice to see what's available.
Back to top Go down
frogchix08

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 11:57 am

Hey I want to get a snake, and was thinking of maybe getting one at the sale. Two questions. Do they have kingsnakes? (preferably california kingsnakes) Annd how much would they cost if anyone can guess. And how much would ablly python be there during the sale? (This is if any one knows of course...) Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 2:37 am

Last year they had a variety of corns, kings, and milks on a vendor's table. I think the prices ranged from $30-$100 on those guys depending on morph and gender.

I still don't know what the prize is supposed to be for the costume contest. I guess we'll just have to wait for the flyer to show up in the mail and I'll be able to tell you more then. lol Wink
Back to top Go down
frogchix08

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 8:32 am

thanks ya much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 7:12 pm

frogchix08 wrote:
Hey I want to get a snake, and was thinking of maybe getting one at the sale. Two questions. Do they have kingsnakes? (preferably california kingsnakes) Annd how much would they cost if anyone can guess. And how much would ablly python be there during the sale? (This is if any one knows of course...) Thanks! Very Happy

I'm not sure how much they'll be asking for ball pythons at the sale, but I have a female '10 baby that I'm asking $40.00 for. You're welcome to her if you don't find what you're looking for at the sale. Wink
Back to top Go down
frogchix08

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 4:09 pm

Oh thanks I would love to get it, but I have to use the store credit I'll get from selling my toads... but thanks anyways
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 6:56 pm

Ahh, I gotcha. No problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 4:21 pm

Finally got the flyer

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Finsnskins2010
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 7:12 pm

Did any of you guys check it out?

I took Gideon and Henna out there this afternoon and had some hot dogs while browsing the snakes and corals there. Wink

I would like to have taken home the little albino ball they had in there but $400 is a bit much for a baby male, in my opinion. It's just as well because he didn't have enough white for my liking. The female mojave in there was very pretty, too, but since I already have a sub-adult mojo girl I didn't think I really needed to get another one.

I wound up buying a couple of coral frags this year. Didn't bring home any new reptiles this year. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
knox

knox

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 12:40 pm

A young couple was looking at that Albino Ball when I was there. It was pretty, and I am not into Albinos.

As you know, Sandy, I picked up an Abbott's Okeetee and am VERY happy!

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Okeetee103110003

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Okeetee103110002
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:47 pm

Very nice okeetee Knox! I must say I'm not huge on corns, but I do like the okeetees and normals. LOL I went to the sale on Sunday, and they still had an okeetee left. Wink Not sure if that's the one you got or not, but the one they had was pretty. Smile

The pastel ball pythons they had were fairly run-of-the-mill, though there was one female that had some nice color. The albino was (I agree) a bit over-priced, but that's to be expected at a pet store. tongue He was a pretty boy though. And I have to say, even though I'm not much into mojaves, the one they had there had some very nice color on it. They tried getting me to buy the spider, but I told them I still had two boys myself. hehe

All-in-all, I don't think it was a huge selection, but it was definitely better than average for east Tennessee, and most of the morphs they had were fairly nice specimens. You don't find many ball morphs at all in pet stores, so even having a few put them above everyone else. Razz But I do like Mike and his staff--he knows something about the animals he's trying to sell. I'll definitely still lend my support to that store as long as its doors are open.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 9:26 pm

I feel pretty much the same way. Wink It's hard to say no, though, when it's right in front of you and there's no shipping involved. There was a mojave girl there that was really nice. If I didn't already have a girl of my own, I probably would have been hitting Brian up for a line of credit. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale   Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fins N Skins 2010 Customer Appreciation Day Sale
Page 1 of 1