Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Empty
PostSubject: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 9:40 am

Alright I think I am about to tackle making my new JCP tank. I should have enough plexi-glass to do the whole thing in plexi-glass and screen. If anyone has some pics of a custom tank or just a tank made out of some sort of plexi glass that I could look at it would help a lot. I am still puzzling on how to make the screen top on it, and if I want a door, or just a removable top.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 12:53 pm

I vote door rather than removable top for two reasons:

1. They're incredibly strong and can slip into nooks to push off tops easily when you turn your back on them.
2. When they're little, they're nippy. They're just easily startled and paranoid little buggars when they're little - everything is out to get them. It would be easier access through a door and might not be as intimidating to the baby as it would be if you're coming at them from above. Just my opinion, though. The baby you get may not care either way and try to take your finger regardless of where it came from. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 2:22 pm

plexi glass tanks are very easy to build once you get the right equipment.
just some notes for ya

Go to LOWES or Home Depot and you will see corner brackets make sure you drill your holes in the plexi first and only use nuts and bolts equal to the holes you drill so you dont crack it

Doors are easy if you use a hinge and latch system using pre-drilled holes

It is hard to put into words what I am trying to say but hopefully this helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 12:31 am

I mainly just wanted ideas on what the tanks should look like. I know how to work with plexi ;-) if you use screw you just crack it, that is the same principal when you use the correct sized bolts and nuts. i also kinda want some estimates on size of tank.
Back to top Go down
JDaniel

JDaniel

Male Posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 1:36 pm

lol my bad

a good JCP tank would be like around 24x18x32

good height great width and depth is tolerable
Back to top Go down
http://www.midtnherps.com
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2009, 11:08 am

I will probably just use whatever plexi glass i can find for free or dirt cheap. I dont need a clear tank really. He is gonna be in a closet not on display lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit   JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JCP tank I have to fix this topic too short shit
Page 1 of 1