Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChelleJason

ChelleJason

Female Posts : 10

Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 11:05 am

I have heard lots of good things about this vet. He used to own an extensive collection of reptiles, especially snakes. This is where I will be going if my ball python or one of my three veiled chameleons need to see a vet. Didn't see this vet on list, wanted to add him and a new location that was not in West Knoxville area for those of us in North Knoxville.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 2:31 pm

I had bad experiences with this particular vet. Glad to hear yours was better than mine but I don't go to this clinic or recommend them for anyone else because of the ordeal we had to go through with them.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
ChelleJason

ChelleJason

PostSubject: Re: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 2:36 pm

Just like any other vet or doctor even, everyone has there preference and experiences.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm

I'm convinced that what happened to my albino gopher snake there (behind closed doors where I couldn't follow) killed my snake within hours of his "treatment". I took him in because he was constipated and hadn't passed stool in weeks which is entirely odd for any colubrid. When we arrived, he was uncomfortable but alert and was slithering around the table or on me like he always did. When they brought him back to me, he was lethargic and wouldn't even flick his tongue. He was just listless and not at all himself. He died that night and I called the clinic back the very next morning. They seemed indifferent to the event and Hilla was dismissive, explaining that it could have been a cancerous growth causing the problems. As of yet, I have not met a snake with cancer. That's not to say that it doesn't happen but my gopher was the third snake I had taken to Callahan and told might have cancer and sent home with baytril (I used to take snakes from the pet store to Callahan). No refund and no sympathy. It's still a sore subject even though it happened years ago. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
ChelleJason

ChelleJason

PostSubject: Re: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 5:47 pm

I am very sorry to hear that. But thanks for the info. I am new to the reptile vet thing. I would like to get all the info I can.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital   Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. James Hilla - Callahan Animal Hospital
Page 1 of 1