Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food for feeders?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Food for feeders? Empty
PostSubject: Food for feeders?   Food for feeders? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 4:26 pm

Hey guys,

I've started trying to give our crickets/mealworms/superworms a variety of food... but I was wondering if there are any no-no's as far as fruit and vegetables go?

I know you generally want to give thing with moisture, right now the crickets have the green stuff you can buy by the pound at Critter Barn, some of the Fluker's water stuff, some apples, sweet potatoes and oatmeal. The superworms and mealworms just have the apples/potatoes and oatmeal.

Just curious as to if it's okay to give them things like oranges, etc, and if there is anything to stay away from?
Back to top Go down
Shane

Food for feeders? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for feeders?   Food for feeders? Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2010, 2:02 am

I would stay away from oranges or anything with high citric acid in it, hurts most insects insides. Hope that helps !
Back to top Go down

Food for feeders?
Page 1 of 1