Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Newest rescue!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pachillaliz

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 6:10 pm

So a friend of our brought us a ball python today. He went to look at a beardie and ended up getting both of them just to get the snake out of there. The poor thing hasn't been offered food in over a month, it has at least 1-3 layers of skin still on it, it looks like a rat or mouse got ahold of it in a few spots. On top of all of that they were keeping it on cedar chips! I took a few pics so that you can get an idea of what I have to work with. I will keep everyone updated on its condition as it progresses. Sorry that some of the pics aren't very clear.

Our Newest rescue! 100_5911
Our Newest rescue! 100_6010
Our Newest rescue! 100_6011
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 9:16 pm

Ohhh that looks pretty bad. I guess in its favor, the snake does not appear to be covered in mites. I hope you guys can heal the thing up pretty quickly, because that looks painful. : P
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 9:17 pm

The scarring looks a lot like a burn to me. Either way, it's a whole lot better than having hunks of flesh missing. Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 9:56 pm

Aww, poor thing!
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 12:56 am

QuietTempest wrote:
The scarring looks a lot like a burn to me. Either way, it's a whole lot better than having hunks of flesh missing. Poor thing.

Agreed. If you guys have any silver sulfinadine cream, applying that to the burn area once or twice daily will really help them heal up. Soaking him/her for 30 minutes/day will help too. I actually had a snake with belly burns from a heat pad, and had to deal with this personally myself. It was back in my early days and ignorance of themostats, but I learned my lesson. I also spent quite a bit of money paying for my mistake too--but I caused the problem, so I figured it was my responsibility to see that he was taken care of. But the UT vet was awesome and helped me learn from my mistake, so I figure it was money well spent. Wink And Tryton is completely healed up with only some minor scarring on his belly. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
Sponsored content

Our Newest rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Newest rescue!   Our Newest rescue! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Newest rescue!
Page 1 of 1