Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?

Go down 
+2
pachillaliz
BobbyD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BobbyD

Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:08 pm

I'm wanting to find somewhere to get pigs in the 30-40 pound range to feed to a burmese python. I've tried craigslist but haven't had much luck. Do any of you know of anywhere to get them? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 11:02 am

Have you gone to the green acres flea market. There is a guy there that sells rabbits and chickens he might be able to help you out. I think he's mainly there on sundays.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 11:49 am

My parents get pigs from a guy in east knox county area. I can find out about him if you want.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 1:40 pm

Wow..sounds like an expensive meal.
Back to top Go down
mark_amburgey

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 9:29 pm

they have them often at the flea market in tazewell north of knox... also there is an auction in halls if it still open for horses goats pigs and such and one in tazewell that i know is open.. if you have a number and a price i will go to the flea market and give them your info to contact you if it is too far for you
Back to top Go down
BobbyD

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 1:15 am

I haven't been to Green Acres Flea Market in a few years. The guy that used to sell rabbits and chickens there died about two years ago and I didn't know anyone else was selling them there. I need to check it out again to see though.

the anti-poon, if you could get some info on him for me I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

mark_amburgey, don't go out of your way but if you happen to go please give them my e-mail address. I'll pm it to you. Thanks.

Anymore comments or advice are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
BobbyD

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 7:12 pm

I went to Green Acres Flea Market this past weekend to see what they had. They had one rabbit there but they wanted $15 for it so I passed. They had an adult pig there also so I asked if they had any babies available. He said he would in a few weeks but he wanted $60 for them. I did get in touch with someone through Craigslist that said he would supply me with baby goats for $20 a piece which is a great deal. He hasn't e-mailed me back in a few days though so I don't know if he changed his mind or not. If anybody hears about anything please let me know. I'll update this thread if the guy comes through with the goats.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 1:02 am

There's Monster Cages.. but for the size you're after, it might be too expensive to consider.

http://monster-cages.com/feeder-animals.php
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
BobbyD

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 8:19 am

QuietTempest wrote:
There's Monster Cages.. but for the size you're after, it might be too expensive to consider.

http://monster-cages.com/feeder-animals.php

I checked that a while back. They want $2.50 per pound plus shipping which is a rediculous price. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?   Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to get feeder pigs around here?
Page 1 of 1