Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feeding Fails

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 9:32 pm

If I were a very disturbed individual, I might have photos to illustrate various snake feeding fails of late...

I suppose the first 'incident' was an escaped mouse peering down at me from the top snake tub. When I caught him he bit me, and I thwacked him on the wall. That little sucker bit me again. He was my first rodent slaying! Haha. Somehow I don't feel as bad killing something that is attacking my fingers...

The second rodent fail was horrific, a hopper mouse chewing the skin off of one of my rat pinkies. Then on top of that none of the snakes would eat the poor pink. For some reason I chickened out of killing him at the time.

The third rodent fail happened today--a little white mouse that kept "coming back to life" at Gina's house was STILL alive when I got home. I pulled him out of the can and set him on the floor...his back half was paralyzed. He was dragging himself around on his front feet as though nothing had happened. Well, I killed him because I figured he needed to be put out of that misery fast!

Battleship however kept wrapping him and then abandoning him--took me 20 minutes to "teach" him that he should eat it starting with the head instead of the middle. Lol.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 11:29 pm

Oh, that's awful. Maybe it's time to build your own gas chamber?

http://www.rodentracks.com/DIY_Co2_Chamber.html
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 11:38 pm

Aww, Dagan! You poor thing! Just goes to show that those crazy rodents deserve to be snake food! Laughing Last week, we fed Amara one of her pups and then went out for a little bit to run some errands, and while we were gone, we left the other pup in the mini cereal box that Brent had brought them home in, on top of one of the baby crestie containers. Brent said that when he came upstairs that the rat pup was on our rug in front of the TV.. at least 10 feet away from where it had dropped onto the floor a few feet! This thing barely even had opened eyes!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 11:25 am

Yeah the rat pups get to me the most. I am not a huge fan of mice, which seem fairly difficult to tame anyway, but baby rat pups just squirm around and make a horribly cute peeping...especially when being eaten.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 1:49 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
Yeah the rat pups get to me the most. I am not a huge fan of mice, which seem fairly difficult to tame anyway, but baby rat pups just squirm around and make a horribly cute peeping...especially when being eaten.

No kidding. The pups are pretty cute, and sound awful when they die! I'm already ready for Amara to be able to eat something a little bigger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeding Fails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeding Fails   Feeding Fails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feeding Fails
Page 1 of 1