Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding direction...?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Breeding direction...?   Empty
PostSubject: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 4:52 pm

So, I'm thinking about getting a new snake sometime in the near future and at the moment I'm considering either a very light colored female pastel 66% p.het genetic stripe or a pretty female black pastel 66% p.het ghost. Which would you choose?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 10:50 pm

I'd say the one that's poss het for genetic stripe. I feel like you don't see as many as those as you do ghosts, and I love our girl pastel!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 11:10 pm

I'd choose a snake that was 100% het something. : P LOL
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 11:13 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
I'd choose a snake that was 100% het something. : P LOL

Haha, I was thinking that, too! Razz
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 1:16 am

Well that would be nice, but it would mean more $$$. lol Razz

I suppose it doesn't matter anymore because one of the girls I was looking at is no longer showing up at Fauna Classifieds. Razz Here is the other girl I've had my eye on. I think her color is really nice and I don't think she's going to brown out that much with age.

Pastel poss. het genetic stripe

Back to top Go down
jasonnorthern1979

Male Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 11:55 am

ohhh she is pretty
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 5:40 pm

She is pretty. If you need a pastel female, then go for it. But I know how you had your heart set on black pastels...maybe you should wait until you find the perfect snake, or at least look at some at a show like ICE in September.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 4:14 am

I definitely want and have plans for a black pastel, but unless Cold Blooded Addiction produces a stunning male black pastel in the near future I believe I'll be holding out for a VPI black pastel baby in September.

If I can get both, I'd be a happy camper. Wink The more I consider it, the more I think I'd like to work on genetic stripe projects so I'm still considering this girl and picking up a genetic stripe male to go with her several years down the road. Some of the genetic stripe combos are really, really nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding direction...?    Breeding direction...?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding direction...?
Page 1 of 1