Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Empty
PostSubject: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 10:26 pm

I've been wanting to find and add a black pastel to my collection for a while now. Specifically, I've wanted to find a VPI black satin line black pastel. The black satins are the blackest of black pastels and are very hard to find. Raul Campos of West Coast Jungle produced a couple of these guys recently and I got in touch with him.

This is the snake I've got my eye on

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Rb02
- Photo by West Coast Jungle

I just sent payment for him earlier tonight and am waiting to hear back from WCJ to figure out when he can be shipped out. Just had to share with the rest of you guys! I'm so anxious to see him in person! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
knox

knox

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2011, 10:41 pm

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 10:52 am

Thanks! With this guy I plan to work towards Black Butters, Black Magics, Eight Balls, Black Pewters, and then through breeder loans or new additions I'd like to make Black Ghosts and I don't think anyone has made a genetic stripe black pastel. I would call mine "Satin G-Strings G-Stripes". lol
Back to top Go down
JTG Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 12:13 pm

nice looking ball and good luck.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 12:20 pm

Thanks!

I've just requested a Tuesday shipment for Wednesday delivery! cheers waiting
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 7:46 pm

Oh, I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I unbox a healthy snake tomorrow morning! skully
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 9:22 am

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5909a

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5910k

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5911q

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5912ju

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5913n

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5914r

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5915

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5916p

He's so little! Smile He seems really mellow and didn't puff, hiss or try to strike while I was unbagging him. He's a handsome little guy as is but I think he is starting to go into a shed cycle because his belly is a bit pink and his skin seems a bit dull. I'm anxious to see him freshly shed! All in all, I'm really happy with him and Raul Campos of West Coast Jungle was very easy to work with. Prompt emails and was willing to negotiate the price just a bit. He even called me this morning just after FedEx dropped off the package and left a voicemail letting me know that the snake had arrived. I called him right back to let him know I'd gotten up early and had met the FedEx guy at the door. Wink

My new guy (I think I'll call him Erebus, but not decided just yet) is settling in now. I may get more (better) pics of him later.
Back to top Go down
knox

knox

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 11:09 am

GREAT way to start the day, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 1:43 pm

knox wrote:
GREAT way to start the day, isn't it?

It really is! He's so, so dark and I can't wait until I can get a new morph pile shot. He's definitely a gem!

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img5957e

HOWEVER.. While I was getting ready to clean/feed, I found my small jungle carpet female in the process of laying eggs! Shocked wtf? I've been rushing to get things finished or at least partially finished in there so that I could get her set up in a tub. I'll let her brood her clutch. No reason to fire up the incubator when these girls are so good at what they do.

This is just crazy! Two unexpected corn clutches and now this! I'll make a new thread on this one. lol I'm not complaining but boy am I going to have my hands full this year!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 9:38 pm

Oh wow, how exciting for you, Sandy! I can't believe you didn't mention this on FB chat. Wink He's very beautiful. Glad you finally found what you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 10:12 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
Oh wow, how exciting for you, Sandy! I can't believe you didn't mention this on FB chat. Wink He's very beautiful. Glad you finally found what you were looking for.

LOL I would have, but you were getting ready to leave and I didn't want to keep you. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 7:06 pm

When he arrived, he was just beginning to go into a shed cycle. He finally shed today and I tried to get some new pics of him outside. It's really hard to capture his color and my camera skills are a bit lacking. He's jet black and the flank and dorsal pattern is a rusty orange-tan. I really, really love this little guy.

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img6125h

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img6126

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img6131b

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img6139j

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Img6143d
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2011, 2:34 pm

Hi Sandy, for some reason today I felt like playing with pictures, so here are some of your snake, lol. And I know you haven't decided on his name but I think Erebus is a great one and hope you go with it!

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Erebus

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Erebus2

The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Erebus3
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2011, 5:03 pm

Those are awesome, Dagan! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)   The new guy   :)    (Coming Soon!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new guy :) (Coming Soon!)
Page 1 of 1