Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leopard Gecko Egg Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JTG Reptiles

Male Posts : 78

Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Empty
PostSubject: Leopard Gecko Egg Problem   Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 7:36 pm

Today i checked the eggs in the incubator and the fertile one was dented but was still red. I havent wartered it for a couple days so today i sprayed alot more than usual to see if the egg was just dehdrated. Any suggestions? Btw there is a infertile egg attached to the fertile one but its not dentded. Its been about 26 days of incubation the eggs where found 6/26.
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko Egg Problem   Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 10:29 pm

you need to put the eggs in a sealed airtight container, like a deli cup, with damp vermiculite. I never have to add water to the incubation containers or eggs throughout the entire incubation period. Remove the container lid for 30 seconds to a minute 1 time every week to allow for air exchange.
Back to top Go down
JTG Reptiles

Male Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko Egg Problem   Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 9:17 pm

i wasnt ready for them when the came when i was away so theey got stuck to the bottom so i didnt want to mess with them.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko Egg Problem   Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2011, 2:41 pm

What ehatcher said! We took his advice and had like a 99% hatch rate out of our fertile eggs. Only one didn't hatch because it was starting to pip, but we were going out of town so we put it, with the deli cup open into the hatchling rack. When we came home, it hadn't hatched.

We used a hovabator, deli cups with damp vermiculite, and had a sealed plastic bag of water in the bottom of the incubator. All our babies hatched out and are healthy little ones!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopard Gecko Egg Problem   Leopard Gecko Egg Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leopard Gecko Egg Problem
Page 1 of 1