Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lookie what I found...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cecropia

cecropia

Male Posts : 28

Lookie what I found... Empty
PostSubject: Lookie what I found...   Lookie what I found... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 2:37 am

......at the newer pet supplies plus. Even if she turns out to be normal she's awesome. Can't beat $65 lol

Lookie what I found... Bellei

Lookie what I found... Belleii

Lookie what I found... Belleiii

Lookie what I found... Belleiv

Lookie what I found... Bellev

Lookie what I found... Bellevi
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I found...   Lookie what I found... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 5:27 pm

I would say it's most likely just a normal but it's got some really nice blushing and flames. I got a pastel from that store when it was still on Kingston Pk last year, though. It was mixed in with a tank labeled "normal females" and when I popped it, it looked like a female. Unfortunately it turned out to be a male pastel and he has browned out quite a bit as a young adult, but he's a pastel nonetheless. Never know what you'll find in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
cecropia

cecropia

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I found...   Lookie what I found... Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 1:55 am

Yeah, I read the thread on your pastel pickup lol I pop in all the LFS/LPS around looking for the oddballs, fish or reptiles. It pays off a lot of the time. A local store recently labeled a pinstripe as a spider, petco had a spider in with their normals (popped male lol), and I picked up a few rarer cryptoheros cichlids out of a bunch of convicts/

The general consensus on ball-pythons. net is normal as well. I still think something's up but I'll have to wait to prove her. Some of the flames are just too extreme, going from her belly to her spine, I hope it's genetic at least. Unfortunately if it is genetic and I cross her with my pastel, the pastels will look like yellowbelly pastels anyway...so I need something else to prove her with

Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I found...   Lookie what I found... Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 7:19 pm

cecropia wrote:
Yeah, I read the thread on your pastel pickup lol I pop in all the LFS/LPS around looking for the oddballs, fish or reptiles. It pays off a lot of the time. A local store recently labeled a pinstripe as a spider, petco had a spider in with their normals (popped male lol), and I picked up a few rarer cryptoheros cichlids out of a bunch of convicts/

The general consensus on ball-pythons. net is normal as well. I still think something's up but I'll have to wait to prove her. Some of the flames are just too extreme, going from her belly to her spine, I hope it's genetic at least. Unfortunately if it is genetic and I cross her with my pastel, the pastels will look like yellowbelly pastels anyway...so I need something else to prove her with

Definitely worth a dinker project. If crossed with a pastel the combo may look a little like a yellow belly in pattern but without the belly checkers it shouldn't be mistaken for a yellow belly. Smile I'd say go for it!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I found...   Lookie what I found... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookie what I found...
Page 1 of 1