Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?

Go down 
+2
MaryJane
QuietTempest
6 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Empty
PostSubject: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 7:47 pm

A female pastel ball python mingling with normals. cheers I tried to talk them down in price because she hasn't fed once since being in their store. They said "the lighter one hasn't eaten yet because the bulbs aren't working" but the manager wasn't there to discuss lowering the price and I didn't want to wait a couple of days to go back and haggle. I'll post pics of her when I'm not feeling so so lazy. lol

*Edit*

Okay, I got off my lazy ass and took some pics. They don't do her justice because I'm rather lousy with a camera. mmmm

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg3970i.th
Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg3971.th
Playing peek-a-boo

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg3964.th
Up close

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg3976t.th
With one of my normal babies for comparison.
Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg3978n.th
With one of my normal babies for comparison.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
MaryJane

MaryJane

Female Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 9:28 pm

Very pretty Sandy!!
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 4:07 am

wow!! cheers awesome find! They generally have decent prices, questionable living conditions though
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 3:04 pm

Ehatcher wrote:
wow!! cheers awesome find! They generally have decent prices, questionable living conditions though

Yeah, I'm not impressed by the housing for the snakes there but the prices are fairly reasonable. I paid $49 for her.
Back to top Go down
Kazzy

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 5:18 pm

AWESOME find!!!!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2009, 8:48 pm

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Cimg4237n

Just adding another pic.. I may do this periodically just so I can see her coloration progress with age. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 2:37 am

I renamed this snake "Makalo". I'm told it's an African word meaning surprise. My little girl, as it turns out, is actually a budding little man. Embarassed

Grrr.. Oh well.. I need to look harder, apparently. I like him all the same. Just means I'll have two pastel males after the new guy can be shipped to me. It's good to have options, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 11:59 pm

You ought to go back tell them that they should lower the price . . . it was a BOY not a GIRL, they had missexed him! LOL Razz

Seriously though, $49 is not a bad price! Drop a live feeder in for a feeding or two, and I bet HE will start taking them. Wink

I finally got a set of probes myself from reptilebasics.com, and probed the one girl I was questionable about on sex (it was my first year popping, and I wanted to be sure I was right). She is indeed a girl. Very Happy Thanks much to Sandy for showing me how to probe! You rock, Sandy! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 12:56 am

PythonPassion wrote:
You ought to go back tell them that they should lower the price . . . it was a BOY not a GIRL, they had missexed him! LOL Razz

Seriously though, $49 is not a bad price! Drop a live feeder in for a feeding or two, and I bet HE will start taking them. Wink

I finally got a set of probes myself from reptilebasics.com, and probed the one girl I was questionable about on sex (it was my first year popping, and I wanted to be sure I was right). She is indeed a girl. Very Happy Thanks much to Sandy for showing me how to probe! You rock, Sandy! Wink

Oh I had no trouble at all getting HIM to take a meal shortly after getting HIM home. lol

That store has a strict "no live food" policy when it comes to their snakes, apparently, and some of them probably need some help getting adjusted to the frozen foods offered. That's my guess anyway. Everytime I'm in there and hear someone mention a particular snake isn't eating, I tell them to try a live feeder and see if that doesn't get its interest. The manager there won't allow it.

Glad to help you get the hang of probing! It's really not that difficult after you figure out how best to insert. That was always my problem in the beginning and if the snake was squirmy it just made it all the more difficult. Wink
Back to top Go down
dh reptiles

dh reptiles

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 5:36 pm

congrats on the nice find
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?   Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what I found at Pet Supplies Plus?
Page 1 of 1