Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maryville Resident...

Go down 
+2
QuietTempest
DaganGecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

Maryville Resident... Empty
PostSubject: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 9:49 am

Hey, all. I'm not feeling too talkative this morning but I found the advertisement on CL (which I'm sure will be flagged, as anything about reptiles always is) and thought I'd join up. It would be great to find some local friends who like reptiles as much as I do. With nine rhacodactylus geckos and five snakes, I am pretty much considered a freak or "that weird reptile girl" by people I know.

My name is Dagan, pronounced Day-gan. I'm 22 and live in Maryville, TN. Currently looking for a job, though we seem to be in the black hole of the job market. I'm an artist and hoping to sell my work soon once I get my website up.

Anyway, here is my iherp account where you can see some of my pets: http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserID=5fb7c078-e6af-4f7f-a762-b8dfc455c237

Hope that link works. >.>

Maryville Resident... AI

Maryville Resident... AJ

Maryville Resident... AI-1

Maryville Resident... 8827_1274365378660_1215708303_30842

Maryville Resident... B

Rolling Eyes

By the way, I go to another reptile forum called Pangea Reptiles that is really fun for crested gecko keepers. Anyone else in the area keep cresteds? I am also on Fauna, but I never post, just look for purchases....
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 12:40 pm

Nice to meet you Dagan (love the name!). I don't have any cresteds, myself, but I believe there are a few people here that have them. Welcome to the forum! Oh and your pics are great!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 3:12 pm

Well hello there Dagan, welcome to the forum. I live some what near you. I live in Louisville technically, alcoa area. I used to keep cresteds but I gave them to my neighbor haha. I only have snakes and cats atm. Those are very nice pictures.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 5:33 pm

Haha. Tell your neighbor if they are tired of them, I will take them! I'd love to meet you guys sometime. I love snakes--I should have posted some pics of mine as well. I'll make a thread in the snakes section in a moment. Wink
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 7:40 pm

sounds good, I need to take new pics of my snakes.
Back to top Go down
three

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 11:32 pm

wow. what a big name for a little guy. they look cute though. good pics too. is photography your art?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm

Thanks! Actually I am creative in many different mediums. I was a drawing major in college. I also paint oils and acrylics. I can do watercolors. I can paint sets for plays... I can take photos. So...yeah. Mixed. x3
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 6:30 pm

What kind of camera do you use?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 9:44 pm

Fuji S700, but I'm hoping to get one of the newer series sometime this Fall.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 5:28 pm

sounds good, I just don't have the funds to drop on a nice camera atm. I can do mediocre with the little one I have.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 6:45 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm a Maryville resident myself. I keep only ball pythons for now. One day I'd like to branch out, but space is such an issue for me. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 7:16 pm

Yay! Pam's back! glomp
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 10:58 pm

Paaam! I have to meet you sometime! It's cool to find a fellow reptile keeper in my own town.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 12:30 pm

Wow pam must have the mojo or something. I never had anyone that excited to meet me because I lived in their town :-P
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 12:31 pm

The Anti-Poon wrote:
Wow pam must have the mojo or something. I never had anyone that excited to meet me because I lived in their town :-P

LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 6:23 pm

Haha! Yep, I got the mojo Devin! LMAO Actually, Sandy has the mojo, I have the lesser . . . rofl

Dagan: yep, we'll definitely have to meet up sometime! Finding fellow herp lovers in Tennessee is almost impossible, and definitely not in Maryville! LOL In many ways Maryville is still such a small town, but it's growing too. There's no reptile stores in Maryville (Alcoa does have a PetSmart--though from the super-skinny gecko I saw in there last time, I wouldn't buy reptile pets from them). Knoxville has a couple of decent ones, my personal favorite being Fins in Skins, but there's almost nothing in Maryville. Sad

Last edited by PythonPassion on July 1st 2010, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 6:26 pm

PythonPassion wrote:
Haha! Yep, I got the mojo Devin! LMAO Actually, Sandy has the mojo, I have the lesser . . . rofl

hahaha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 1:49 am

Maryville here too... im in the William Blount Drive / Morganton area
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 12:19 pm

Definitely need a get-together time.

Yeah, our Petsmart (in Alcoa) sucks. I don't understand why it's so much worse than any other Petsmart I've ever been in. Plus they never restock their reptiles or anything!
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 11:44 pm

Well for one it is pet smart and they suck with reptiles, and two it is alcoa.....not the largest town.....especially for reptiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maryville Resident...   Maryville Resident... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maryville Resident...
Page 1 of 1